VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keen to get some window defectors for ventilation on a night - There are a few to choose from on ebay but can anyone recommend a set?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I bought a set of 'Team Heko' clip-in deflectors ~10 years ago & they are still on the van & in great condition (y)

same as

^^ as example, maybe cheaper out there:unsure:

I'd looked at the stick-on types but they stop easy cleaning @ the top of the frame :cautious:

just beware of the 'Scene-Tax' so maybe avoid 'speciallists':rolleyes:

Rich.

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,830 Posts
I agree with Rich.....Heko are quality.
Passenger one of mine got cracked by a tree, but it didn't fall apart (or off).
Just an annoying "crack" running up it (centre of the top of the window...so only a inch and a half).....maybe I should glue it sometime, but it's been fine for 5 years as is.
Only problem I had, was I didn't put the fixing clip low enough down 1st fitting, but supplier put me right, and been on the van 13 years now.
If you have electric windows with the "safety" function, you may have to re-teach them to close properly....do a search for method.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Only problem I had, was I didn't put the fixing clip low enough down 1st fitting, but supplier put me right, and been on the van 13 years now.

didn't bother with the clips 😜

Rich.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great cheers guys I’ll go for the Heko then.

I do have electric windows so any idea how I should teach them to stop shorter?

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,830 Posts
They don't need to stop shorter, it's just they see an extra "load" at the top, and then open again (to stop idiots trapping fingers!).
Can't remember the procedure, but it's documented somewhere.....something about opening and closing, but hold the buttons all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts