VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a wiring diagram for a 2003 102bhp t4 at all? It's an ex-AA van, and I am trying to remove all the junk, but have been left with a stack of wires that I don't think are needed!

I'm pretty sure most of it is the original VW wiring, so even if the diagram is for a standard VW t4, rather than the AA converted one, it will still be very useful!

Cheers
Andy

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a really useful link, cheers! I've bookmarked it for future reference :)

Now, I need to decipher the codes and colours and whatnot on that diagram to see if they match my van!

Cheers
Andy

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
remove the big 50a fuse at the rear of the ns headlight, the power to all but your roof bar is now gone, check all normal VW functions switches still work. If everything still works remove everything from the fuse into the van. Saloon lights and light bar will need headlining removal and wall panels removing to get the harness out.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello there. I've just had a peek under the bonnet, and there is a big 70A fuse, that is supplied direct from the battery. This is split into two feeds that go to two 50A fuses on the bullkhead. These then go through the bulkhead, along with a brown wire (direct to battery negative) and an orange/blue wire, which goes to a big solenoid (presumably for the Jump start outputs).

Cheers
Andy

·
Registered
222 Posts
alright big andy. find member jurrasic on here and see his post on electric thread, very good has diagrams and how to do it. i got my nephew whos a sparky to fit this and its been spot highly reccomended and hes a very helpful fella any probs just ask him a gentleman if i say so meself hope that helps

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
alright big andy. find member jurrasic on here and see his post on electric thread, very good has diagrams and how to do it. i got my nephew whos a sparky to fit this and its been spot highly reccomended and hes a very helpful fella any probs just ask him a gentleman if i say so meself hope that helps
t4 leccy section tech articles

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a really useful post by him, cheers for pointing it out to me!

I've done a bit of rooting around wiring at the back of the van, and I have managed to identify all the wiring associated with the beacons on the roof. They seemed to be routed down the right hand side of the van, with what looks like the wiring for the tail lights. Can anyone tell me if the tail light clusters (both left and right ones) are fed from the bundle of wires coming down the right hand side? Or, are there any other wiring paths used by VW to feed the back end of the van?

Cheers
Andy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts