VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi can anyone help i have a t4 2.5 dsl 2002 just went out to start it and she will run for about 5 seconds then cut out was fine when i parked it up after 120 mile run to birmingham yesterday was wondering if it has a electric fuel pump as it seems to be like fuel starvation

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
hi can anyone help i have a t4 2.5 dsl 2002 just went out to start it and she will run for about 5 seconds then cut out was fine when i parked it up after 120 mile run to birmingham yesterday was wondering if it has a electric fuel pump as it seems to be like fuel starvation
You don't have an electric fuel pump just the large mechanical one on the front of your engine.
Have you changed your fuel filter recently ? because it could be blocked if it hasn't been changed for a while.
Also check the belt to your fuel pump for condition as it may have slipped. Do you have vag com to check your pump timing ?

·
Registered
187 Posts
hi there, i had a key cut to unlock the doors on my 2.5 tdi ajt engined t4, it will also start the engine for 5 seconds and then cuts out because it doesn't have a chip in the key. a solution could be the chip in the key has become damaged dislodged or something which would cause the imobilizer to stop the engine. you say you parked up after a long journey so the engine might not have a fault, it could be something to do with the imobilizer or key...:)

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
With a new key don't u have to put the key in turn it on and off some times to program the new key I'm not sure but we had one cut for a transit and the man did something like that then said ok now it will work , something to do with the master red key , may be worth looking up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts