VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all.

Does anyone know of any decent T4 maintenence manuals that are available anywhere? I know there is no Haynes manual, but something that can give a bit of an insight into the various service jobs, and maintenance jobs would be really useful.

I know for my Toyota MK1 MR2, I bought an electronic workshop manual off ebay, which was really good. I think it was a copy of the original Toyota factory workshop manual. Does anyone know if there is anything like tha for the T4?

I have had a quick look on Ebay, and there are a couple of electronic workshop manuals on there for about £7 Are they worth it?

Cheers
Andy

·
Registered
515 Posts
The Brooklands Books one seems to be quite popular, at first glance though its not a patch on a Haynes, but I don't know if there's anything else. Ive just received mine from Motorbase.com

http://www.motorbase.com/shop/profiles/by-id/12001/

They were out of stock when i ordered it about 6 weeks ago so clearly they've just got some in.

Check which one you need though, I'm still not sure i have the right one because its my understanding that the T4 had a significant makeover around 1999 and that my 1999 van was built after this makeover. The Brooklands manuals, however, are split into Diesel '1996-1999' and '2000 - on', naturally I ordered the 1996-1999 edition but the illustrations inside look to me like the old style layout, for example, where it shows the dials in the dashboard. If anyone could shed any light on this for me i would be grateful - or better still recommend a manual that is better than the Brooklands.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Why don't car companies just produce them themselves anyway? Do they really think they would lose money from their main dealers because everyone would be doing their own repairs?...

...it just wouldn't happen. B

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ive just ordered the 7 quid one from Ebay...Ill let you know how good it is when it comesT:
Hello mate,

I don't suppose you have had chance to have a look at the manual you ordered have you? I'm wondering about getting one myself...

Andy

·
Registered
372 Posts
i got the cd manual of ebay ages ago and to be honest its really p:*ed me off. the amount of loading and then it doesn't work, then re-load etc etc. waste of money so far.

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
I've got one for the pre 95 van and i just managaed to fit my new cylinder head and do the pump timing with the help of it. It has all the tightening torque settings but its not as descriptive as the Haynes manual. It has diagrams, not actual pictures and fewer of them too.

It does what it is meant to but you need to have some mechanical knowledge to read between the lines.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts