VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
anyone have any advice as to whether I'm better getting my t4 wrapped rather than painted

how much should each cost?

I have a red t4, it's a standard colour which I'm happy to keep, there are quite a few patches of bodywork that need sorting which means there will be loads of patches, can a sprayer easily blend them all in?

Really want to get it looking right but without spending lots...

cheers!

·
Registered
342 Posts
hi,
anyone have any advice as to whether I'm better getting my t4 wrapped rather than painted

how much should each cost?

I have a red t4, it's a standard colour which I'm happy to keep, there are quite a few patches of bodywork that need sorting which means there will be loads of patches, can a sprayer easily blend them all in?

Really want to get it looking right but without spending lots...

cheers!
I'm no expert, but would say its quite difficult to answer your question - it would depend on the amount of bodywork to be done, the actual sprayshop themselves, as full resprays can vary in cost, if its a block colour rather than metallic, should be cheaper & probably easier to blend.
I would like the sides of my bus wrapped at some point, funds wont allow at the moment, but from the limited amount I've looked into this, again, costs seem to vary quite a bit.
Think it would just be a case of contacting some local firms & asking for quotes..... Good luck with it. T:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thanks for that, it's a solid red factory colour. I'll have a chat with a few local guys and see what they come up with.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
From what I've read on here from peoples experiences the body work would need to be of "paintable" standard for a wrap and would cost around the same as a spray job, plus I'm sure paint would last longer. Just an observation T:

There are other things you could consider though if funds are an issue, plenty on her have gone down the rustoleum/militry paint route, there's also thing's like plastidip :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was told paint will last longer and be more durable, if you scratch paint you can polish it or touch it in. You cant do that with vinyl just replace the whole panels vinyl afaik. My worry would be that a wrap would end up looking like a bus that had been wrapped and bits bubbling and hanging off it

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
From my (very) limited understanding of this , the bodywork needs to be prepared much as for paint , in the first place ... all rust treated , sealed , etc , otherwise you have issues with corrosion that wont be visible until its , almost too late .. It may be a quick-fix , temporary , but on balance , a combination of some wrapped , some painted , may achieve a balance ..!! At least , paint surfaces are obvious if corrosion is encroaching , wrapping will conceal it for far longer , and may be a devil in disguise ..??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts