VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

the exhaust pipe rusted trough and i found a complete old one for 125€ (in good shape).
The connection of the exhaust pipe and collector is fitted with killer 0-springs-metal.
Getting one off was hard but managable. But how on earth can it be fitted back!!!!
Is there need for a special tool? Because there are holes in the spring and there could be enough space to pus it open (iff there were a special tool).
Or are there other mystery tricks?

Many thanks in advance.
René

·
Registered
167 Posts
This where the manifold meets the downpipe?..

I used the "Exhaust Spring Clamp Removal Tool VW AUDI SKODA SEAT" flea bay item.

Be careful - wear goggles - if those springs slip off the tool they'll go flying..

It's the one on the drivers side is a *%^&$% ass - I could only reach it from under the van

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

I thought about buying a tool for this but tried some scrap i had laying around.

Used a Bolt_nut_washer_sleeve that fitted in nicely. Gripped it between 2 wooden blocks (had to saw and chissle a chunk out to make the nut accecible).
Made the opening of the spring just wide enough so it could hang on collector and downpipe, held it on his place with a vise-grip.
And hammerd the boltnutwashersleeve out with a fine bar.
It would be nicer for someone to help out but thats one person extra who could get hurt iff the bolt catapults out!! It could be a hazardous situation iff karma or bad luck is not on your side!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts