VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
God, phoning around looking for cover for my soon to be new purchase! Rather take my eyes out with a spoon....nightmare!

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,237 Posts
I have a T4 800 special, still registered as a commercial.
I found Brentacre easy to deal with. In fact when I got my renewal quote from them last month, I didn't even bother phoning around to get a better quote to avoid the hassles.
I'd recommend them, although someone did say they had hassles with the insurer selected (Brentacre is a broker) but not sure which insurer that was?

865 Posts
Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to PM me your contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Try Dan at Aplan insurance they have got a really good day van policy! fairly cheap also!! T:

·
aka GriffithstownT4
906 Posts
Greenlight for me every time. Easy to speak to, hassle free renewals and really great prices importantly!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Mr Flux for me. Was commercial until 2 weeks ago (3rd party). Got quoted for a camper and fully comp... -£200 from previous price. Winner T:

·
Registered
6 Posts
ive been phoning around with no luck evan the insurance on the forum wouldnt touch me .ok i got a cd10 5months short of 5yrs now have clean licence after many phone calls LV came up trumps and the cheepest of all the rip off insurance chumps...Rasp:Rasp:T: happy days and no probs with the mods to the van.

865 Posts
ive been phoning around with no luck evan the insurance on the forum wouldnt touch me .ok i got a cd10 5months short of 5yrs now have clean licence after many phone calls LV came up trumps and the cheepest of all the rip off insurance chumps...Rasp:Rasp:T: happy days and no probs with the mods to the van.
Hi,
Could I check did we offer you a price at all? If we didn't did we advise why we couldn't?
Regards,
Dan.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all! My first post here...

Thank goodness for this forum, it's so helpful! I'm due to pick up my new T4 in the next week and am struggling with insurance also.

I'll be converting her into a camper pretty much right away, so any recommendations for companies who will change the type of insurance once this is done, would be greatly welcomed.

T:

·
Registered
805 Posts
im going to be needing my van insured soon, i have it on my works policy right now but i have just sent the log book away to get it changed to a motor caravan and would rather have it insured on my own, my car insurance is with adrian flux so i maybe see what they quote for both.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Mine's a 1998 multivan, 102ps. Tried Greenlight, Adrian Flux, Just Kampers but went with Swinton in the end. I used the comparison sites. Swinton are a broker, the ins. company is Aviva.
I think you just have to be prepared to phone around a lot. You do have to read the details carefully to get like-for-like quotes though.
Think it was about £350, with one years introductory NCB, but I am 56yrs, which helps in this case. Greenlight wouldn't insure it, JK was about £700. I double checked with Swinton that they really new what the vehicle was, I didn't want it to be too good to be true.

Just keep at it mate

1 - 18 of 18 Posts