VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there! We are new to the world of T4's. We recently purchased an R reg T4 with a Omnistor pull out awning on the side. It sits away from the van, which is the first thing that we are confused about, but appears to have the official omnistor brackets, looking at the website. There is a pretty big gap though - is this normal?

We are also trying to find a drive away awning that will sleep us and our 9 month old in case we want more space than the van allows. - We are REALLY confused about the different fixings and what will work with our Omnistor pull out awning, or whether this is even necessary... Can anyone suggest an awning to us that offers a decent sized sleeping section that fits a T4?

Also, any tips on a bed for a bubbly comando rolling baby inside the van for touring would be gratefully recieved!

Thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi sunshine girl,
I just bought a T4 as well and spent a lot of time researching hich awning to get. I ended up with a khyam quick erect - only takes 10 minutes to put up/take down, you can get various sizes, with inner tents to sleep I think up to 6 people. Pricey but worth it I think - stood up to wind and rain on my first trip out :)
Re the sun canopy - mine is a fair way out from the van as well. The khyam fits into mine with a figure of 8 strip and a kador double strip. Not 100% waterproof but it's only the bit betwenn the van and awning that gets a tiny bit wet. If you want completely waterproof you can attach over your roof with guy ropes, or get a rail fitted to your van.
Can't help with the commando rolling baby I'm afraid!!!
Happy camping:ILU:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts