VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just a quicky, I've read a few times now that T4 prices have been getting stronger recently.

I was just curious as to why that is, any ideas?

·
Registered
917 Posts
More of them coming out of 'service' and into the hands of converted aircooled owners? (like me)

·
Registered
424 Posts
:thats good for me im thinking of going over to the dark side im looking for a vw t5 dsg 2.5 tdi :ILU::ILU::ILU:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Its across the board all car / van prices are getting stronger i was look at change mine last winter and my T4 dropped in value considerably my T5 work van value dropped like a lead ballon but i was able to buy a vw touareg for £8500 and a passat tdi 4motion for £3500 so i didnt sell my T4 and decided to save up some cash now the cheapest touareg are £11k and the passat tdi 4motions are £5k but my bus is also worth more i think its a sign that the worst of the recession maybe over which is good but just hope my work picks up a bit, supply and demand!

·
Registered
917 Posts
T4 prices will go through the roof soon, defo. This time last year only one of my friends had one...now there's eleven friends I can count with them, that's just in Kettering.

I reckon we got them just in time for the huge hike in prices, started seeing em on ebay for £12k! Remember the trend in Bay and Split prices? Someone decides theirs is worth £55k then everyone thinks "well, if that is worth that, then mine has to be £30k"! A friend of mine in Essex who deals in old dubs just sold a (non-tax exempt) bay for £25!! And says he wishes he had 5 more cos people are screamin out for 4 berth late Westi's.

Won't be long before £15k is the norm for a half decent T4.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Around Christmas prices went through the floor.

I picked up a 95 LWB for 700 in December, Could sell it now for 1500.

Bought my 98 SWB for 1500, sold it for 1900, probably over 2k now

I think it is summer. Everyone wants one. Wait till winter again ;-)

·
Registered
533 Posts
With 12 months MOT more than a grand on ebay I would guess.

Two local "gentlemen" (ie. chancers) have an M reg LWB 2.4 on for 2,200 and a N reg 1.9 SWB for - wait for it - 3,000 :eek:

Both panel vans essentially with ply lining

The LWB has been relisted twice, it fetched 1500 first time round and didn't make reserve!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
When you look around at what you can get car wise with two grand if you are canny, bloody right.

53 plate Passat or Golf!

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Its nothing to do with scene tax or recession ending etc, its the fact that no one is buying new vans, so 3 yr old ones are in short supply due to much fewer part ex's. This has a knock on effect to the rest of the second hand market.
A friend of mine who sells T5's (and other vans) is now paying on average £1000-£1500 more for a 3 - 4 yr old van than he was 8 months ago.
Once the new market picks up a bit it should revert to normal(ish levels).... Lets hope so. (unless of course your selling;))

·
Registered
652 Posts
Is it not just that they are popular, due to the heritage and what people have been using them for? Surfers/kiteboarders/MTBers and people with a bit of vision (like you guys Rasp:) have been seen the potential for a long time. Lets face it T5's are still in production... second hand value will be affected by dealer prices of new vans (and it a competitive market in these times!) But the T4 is harder and harder to get hold of.. there are quite a few being broken for bits too. Lets face it they are fashionable, and will continue to be.... :ILU:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm in the funny position of having two vans, an 03 888 long nose and a Vauxhall Combo. I love both vans as each is my van of choice if choosing the larger or smaller van option.

But I don't need both and I keep changing my mind on which to sell, until recently I wanted to sell the T4 as it had a problem with starting but have figured it just needs a new battery. Its in lovelly condition in red with alloys and looks the dogs dagglies. So at the minute I want to keep it.

And reading the forum makes me love them even more. T4's are cool and practical!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts