VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
t4s seam to always want ££££ spending on them

every t4 ive had always wants £££s spending so ive given up just brought at ford focus to be honest its nicer to drive than a t4 why is it all the 2.5 tdi t4s ive had the clutch peddle is so heavy and cars are so light i will enjoy seeing the t4s out on the road but saveing £££s will make me smile what you think am i mad not having a t4 dont get me wrong i love them just dont love spending £££s on them and everyone ive had needs £££s spending on them

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Re: t4s seam to always want ££££ spending on them

err.... Interesting post.

If you don't want to spend "£££" s on them, then spend more "£££" s on one when you buy it in the first place. :*

·
Registered
260 Posts

I hear ya dude, I've spend a shed load of cash in a very short period of time, but I don't think is a T4 thing it's just that modern diesel engines are very complex and parts very very expensive, add to that a machine that has has a hard life, little maintenance and over 200K miles and yes you are going to be replacing lots of expensive items...............but I have a Focus too, and yes it a far better drive but I still prefer the T4 and you can't get a double air bed in the back and watch TV while cooking you're dinner in a focus T:

·
Registered
3,910 Posts

U start customising U`r Focus when it is 15years old ++ with many miles on, U too will spend alot of money ;)

I run quite a few old vehicles, some very high end for thei time, I can`t say that they are so expensive
However I have come to the conclusion that I want to work on my motors for fun, not to nessesarely keep them on the road.
As I am (cruuently) not willing to fork out 25-30`000 Eu on a new(er) car, I will happlily continue to run what I have.. T:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts

Loser!

You can't take it with you.

Rasp:

I love my rust bucket and spending all the money I have not got. Saves me giving it to the ex wife!

·
Registered
2,104 Posts

The thing is you cant sleep / cook in a focus , buy a 2.4 easy to work on and less to go wrong

The early focus are a dream to drive , ive had 3 of them so i understand where you are coming from fella

·
Registered
10,391 Posts

A lot of the spending is through choice ie lowering, bling etc etc etc the list and spending goes on and we love them :)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts

Yeah!

And you will miss the threads about load rating I bet!!???.

C'mon, you must be a little bit sad?. You can tell us..........

·
Registered
9,434 Posts

...Touches wood....My 2.5 has only once ever let me down. Battery used the last of its "newness" at about 70,000 miles. It's never failed an MOT or had an MOT advisory. ( I bought it at 5 years old and 48000m with fsh).

Exhaust failed a week after I had it, replaced and lasted another 60,000, now replaced with s/s one.

Sure it's had bottom ball joints, anti roll bar bushes, new shocks, and a clutch, but only after they could reasonably be expected to wear, all those done between 100 and 120,000 miles.
New injectors recently afater fuel consumption dropped on average to about 32mpg and it got a little smokey. All and good, back to 37 ish now.
I decided it would have cambelts done at 50k intervals and at 132000m still have a way to go for next one.
No, other than servicing and brake parts, that's it. Just a machine which works, with "normal" wearing parts.

It's probably cost about £4k to keep maintained.
Coming up on 7 years, of owning the most reliable secondhand vehicle I've ever had and I've done about 85000 miles since I bought it.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts

The weird thing is I also have a renault clio for my daily drive but try and not spend a penny on it, its always overdue a service or if something needs doing I always hold back and make tillthe last minute, But my T4 any excuse to add something or change something which always costs money I am right on it, Sometimes I just sit in the back of the van thinking of something I can spend my money on, the Misses is always calling me in for dinner, I am sure she thinks I have another women hidden in a cupboard or under the rock n roll LOL.
I think you will soon get bored of the focus, I use to have a T25 and sold that for just a car, Biggest mistake I made always regretted it.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts

Just a thought cannot see the Ford Focus forum if there is one being so informative, friendly and helpful as the bunch of guys on here. Good Luck

·
Registered
275 Posts

Ford focus, I mean really, ok they are "nice to drive" as you put it, but nobody drives a T4 because it's nice to drive, but what it gives you back is priceless. Forget the money, you can't take it with you..... I bet you have more stories to tell down the pub and to your friends about the experiences with your van, than, oh I popped to tescos in my new ford te other day, bored allready. Trust me you will be back driving a van within a year.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts

Funny really, I quite like driving my T4 :) Ok its a *bit* big, but its a lot nicer to drive than I was expecting, lots of grip and as long as you keep the momentum up, its easy to make progress :) Doesnt compare to my M3 for driver experience, but it costs me less on fuel :D

·
Registered
4,950 Posts

Funny really, I quite like driving my T4 :) Ok its a *bit* big, but its a lot nicer to drive than I was expecting, lots of grip and as long as you keep the momentum up, its easy to make progress :) Doesnt compare to my M3 for driver experience, but it costs me less on fuel :D
It's funny... I am selling my "drivers car" because I have fallen out of love with it.
The Zed ends up sitting in the garage and I go everywhere in the van. Just have more fun in the van! :cool:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts

Just decked up at remembering the part in dumb and dumber where Lloyd swapped the dog van for a really economical scooter!.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts

Killer boots man!!!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts

Over-rated? LOL:
the 2.5tdi engine is the best when its working ok but when it starts playing up..oh does it cost...i now drive a 1.9td costs just fuel and mot. set of new tyres. nothing else yet but its only done 31k since new in 1996..probably the lowest miles unmolested van about..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts