VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just doing my insurance renewal-and my van is fitted with the standard VW alarm built in 2011

Does anyone know if it's conforms to any Thatcham category?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi

Just a little more info on your T5.1 and I can narrow down what should be fitted can you tell me what year it is and what model.

I can tell you that Panel vans/Kombis are as follows

Startline : Thatcham cat2 immobiliser

Trendline : Thatcham cat2 immobiliser

Highline : Thatcham cat1 approved alarm and immobiliser with tow away, perimeter and interior cab protection.

However I believe the Highline alarm was an option on both the Startline and Trendline from factory order.

if you have a Caravelle or a California I have the info on these somewhere I would say they probably have the Highline type of Alarm/immobiliser.

Hope this helps you for now.

Cheers Whistler

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's pre those model specs, it's a 140 panel van.

I just asked the previous owner and it's what came standard for a van delivered in Jan 2011. Nothing extra was spec'd on it, it's whatever they provided.

·
Special Rapporteur
10,165 Posts
AFAIK they don't provide an alarm as standard on panel vans. If yours has one it must either be a factory option or aftermarket.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I asked the previous owner and it's what VW fitted at the factory.

I'm thinking that a VCDS scan may show some specs or the name of the system at least.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also he said he didn't specifically choose an alarm option, hence why I'm asking.

It's for my insurance quote, I don't fancy getting into the position of having a claim refused on accounts my alarm isn't what I said it was.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If it was fitted at the factory (as an option) then it should be shown in the vehicle's PRcodes.
Perfect! I'll look online for a PR decoder I recall finding one before. I didn't think of that so cheers for the heads up

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi

I just had a look on Thatcham,s website as i can not see the info in the 2011 VW brochure, it states that your model year will have a cat2 immobiliser fitted as standard. Which is what the insurance company should know.

From a thread i looked at on this forum are you sure your model year has an alarm, have you heard the siren/horn sound as it appears that some others have raised this issue before on here, do a search to find the thread.

hope this helps you.

Cheers

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi

I just had a look on Thatcham,s website as i can not see the info in the 2011 VW brochure, it states that your model year will have a cat2 immobiliser fitted as standard. Which is what the insurance company should know.

From a thread i looked at on this forum are you sure your model year has an alarm, have you heard the siren/horn sound as it appears that some others have raised this issue before on here, do a search to find the thread.

hope this helps you.

Cheers
Thanks for the info

I do recall managing to set it off once but I'll try again to do it tomorrow and check the PR codes. Certainly my mind has been put at rest so thanks for all the input

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
X13 = National sales program Europe (RHD)
B0A = Component parts set without country-specific design requirement
C1G = Steel wheels 6.5J x 16
G0K = 6-speed manual transmission
H7V = Tires 205/65 R16 C 107/105T
J1D = Battery 380 A (72 Ah)
D91 = 4-cyl. turbo diesel engine 2.0 l/103 kW (4V) TDI common rail; Base engine: TG3/ TJ3/TU3/TU4/TL4/TP4/TM3/TW3/TR4/TS1/TN5
1AK = Electronic stabilization program (ESP) with brake assistant
1G2 = Steel spare wheel with original equipment tires
2PG = Steering wheel
1NE = Wheel center cover
5RV = Right exterior mirror: aspherical
5SJ = Left exterior mirror: convex
TW3 = 4-cylinder diesel engine 2.0 l Unit 03L.K
3S0 = Without roof rails/roof load rack
3U0 = Without luggage compartment cover
QG1 = Service interval prolongation
8UA = Radio with CD player
8GU = Alternator 140 A
1BA = Standard suspension/shock absorption
7MG = Emission standard EU5
0E1 = Short wheelbase
4UF = Drivers and front passenger air bag with front passenger air bag deactivation
4X0 = Without side air bag
4R1 = Power windows
4K3 = Radio remote controlled central locking operated from inside and safe securing
N0A = Woven fabric seat covering
5TC = Without decorative inserts
8RD = 2 speakers (passive)
2JG = Body-colored bumpers
E0A = No special edition
2V1 = Dust and pollen filter
0JC = Weight category front axle weight range 3
0YA = Weight range 1 installation control only, no requirement forecast
1D0 = Without trailer hitch
A8B = Basic equipment
8BF = Halogen headlight for driving on the left
U5B = Instrument insert, mph speedometer Great Britain
1N1 = Power steering
3L3 = Manual height adjustment for front seats
4A0 = Without seat heater
8N1 = Windshield wiper intermittent control

I managed to set the alarm off by opening it with the key blade (rather than the remote) and it set the alarm off. No obvious PR code so I guess its managed to get a standard fit alarm.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
If it has colour coded bumpers, 2JG, then it must have been Trendline or similar option?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I think then it was called appearance pack, an option when ordering.
Point is the original owner told you it came as standard - now it has an option pack.

Perhaps if you go back to the original or I presume any other main dealer and they will tell you how it was supplied,

·
Registered
49 Posts
Morning GC001

If you look on the drivers side b pillar inside behind the seat belt , do you have a switch there which enables you to deactivate the interior alarm, it may or may not be fitted to that year but if you do have it then it would tell you if you have a Cat1 factory fit option alarm.

Cheers

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If it has colour coded bumpers, 2JG, then it must have been Trendline or similar option?
Morning GC001

If you look on the drivers side b pillar inside behind the seat belt , do you have a switch there which enables you to deactivate the interior alarm, it may or may not be fitted to that year but if you do have it then it would tell you if you have a Cat1 factory fit option alarm.

Cheers
I dont have that so its not a Cat1 with interior protection, I presume its the basic Cat2 install.

870 Posts
Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts