VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put this in the main forum but got advised to put it here for everyone to enjoy:

I need a day/luxury van, so not worried about a caravan conversions, so I turned to a professional custom car company to help me with this. I wanted it to be a four seater with a snug/small bed in the back. As you'll see from the pics it all started from a scribble on a piece of paper, then see the pics below to see how she has been transformed.

She started off as a regular panel van. I'm doing the opposite to most people and starting off with the interior.
2 x Audi S8 Recaro seats (Re-trimmed in)
2 x Porsche turbo seats in rear (Re-Trimmed in matching leather)
Top and rear light housing trimmed in matching grey leather
All panels and roof trimmed in tweed.
Super thick carpets (same as they use in Bentleys)
Fridge under the seats
TV
Leisure battery with electric hook up
LED light panels in rear to stop passengers getting car sick as there are no windows (Clever idea!)
and heater

Here's the pics of the build:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
If its just napping or getting a bit of sleep in sure it would be fine, it would be different if it was a camper.

I've had plenty of good sleep on the Kombi bench in the back of mine when someone else was driving or at the side of the road!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Looks really well that does, both inside and out and I congratulate you on doing something differentT: Its got a really good stance to it!!

·
Previously went by: Holburn
387 Posts
WOW A:
Hat off to ya Bud cos nat is a real nice build .......... ya just gt my head swelling with lovely little touches ...... Like I have read so many times on here , IT is all in the detail ... nat Van has really come together so well ... Congrats Dood , am happy for ya! Health to enjoy .... All the best!
:ILU:​

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hello guys

Finally someone send nice photo with sideskirts from my offer:)
Was pleasure to advice our friend how to fit them ;)
Johnnnnnnyy your bodyshop made to us best joke ever....
I`m so supprised with final effect !

Thanks Chris for your advice and help, side skirts fitted perfectly.
Exactly what I wanted, nice and subtle yet make the van look lower.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WOW A:
Hat off to ya Bud cos nat is a real nice build .......... ya just gt my head swelling with lovely little touches ...... Like I have read so many times on here , IT is all in the detail ... nat Van has really come together so well ... Congrats Dood , am happy for ya! Health to enjoy .... All the best!
:ILU:​

Thanks for your kind words T:

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
That is the tidiest van I have seen. Very nice indeed, well done!!

I plan on doing some similar styling to what you have, as mine is silver too. Were still in the infant stages of ownership and as I get some free cash, the mods will keep coming.

Give yourself a pat on the back.

rnb.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts