VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi not sure if this is the right place to post sorry!

Bought my first t5.1 last week but today the drivers door will not open from the inside or outside, but the pin goes up and down with central locking.

Has anyone had this problem before and is there any way to release the door?

Thanks

·
Registered
14,363 Posts
If you pull the handle can you see if the cable is moving ?
Theres a small serrated rubber end on the cable the locates into plastic ribs on the handle .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
- - jump to 2:15

I've taken the lock barrel cover off and tried pressing in the small plastic latch with a small flat head screwdriver when pulling on the handle like that guy does in the video but doesn't seem to do anything

·
Special Rapporteur
10,528 Posts
If it is stuck in deadlock, one thing you can try is gently pushing on the door as you lock and then unlock the door (with the remote). This ~might~ take enough pressure off the lock for the deadlock mechanism to release. Whether it will work or not depends on the alignment of the lock and catch, but it's worth a try. Is it fair to assume that you've tried unlocking it with the key instead of the remote?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just tried that still nothing. Yeah I've tried the key inside the lock too, it won't budge.

Also just tried side sliding door and that won't open from the outside now only from the inside handle😭😭

·
Registered
363 Posts
Keep Hitting the outside of the door where the door lock is and keep pressing the unlock button.
Its helpful if a 2nd person is there to work the outside handle at same time

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just tried hitting the door where the lock is for half an hour, still won't budge. Any other suggestions?

Would a garage be able to get it open?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Can you hear it clicking? If its that far gone then its a door strip down then smash old lock out

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finally got the door to open.
Trying to fit the new actuator now but the metal door trim has 2 rivets in which is stopping me from removing the metal door trim, is it okay to drill these out? And if so do I need to put new rivets in once done? Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's not my door, but looks the same, those rivets there in the pic are stopping me from removing the metal trim

·
Registered
363 Posts
Those two rivets hold the lock / carrier to the window regulator frame. They stop in.
Have to remove the two large rubber grommets and lower window glass so can see two 10mm bolts.. only loosen these don't remove fully until window glass is free.. tape glass at top to door frame.
Take outer lock barrel out and remove bowden cable from handle.
Undo x2 8mm spline bolts, remove wiring loom best as poss and peel the window frame from the door feed out with lock attached.

·
Super Moderator
9,277 Posts
I had this problem on Wednesday and it ment pushing the door on the lock and someone else inside to operate the handle and pushing the door...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've done all that apart from undoing the spline bolts, I'll need to buy a spline bit tomorrow, once I've undone those it should come away then isit?

I won't need to drill into the rivets?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts