VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys and gals, just fitted light bars to my T5.1 and now need to change the DRLS and main beam so they don't look yellow. I know this has probably been asked a billion times, so really sorry any help with links to buying the rite ones would be very much appreciated

·
Special Rapporteur
8,967 Posts
There are several makes of "whiter" replacement halogen bulbs that will probably do what you want and still be legal (i.e. "E" marked and within the maximum allowed wattage). Take a look at Osram Nightbreaker and the Philips Vision ranges.

The latter in particular has a range of lamps which allows you to pick colour temperature, which relates to how blue-white the light output is. Note that higher temperature means a bluer light (not a higher brightness) - avoid going too high as blue lights have not been fashionable for a while now!

Also note that some of the highest rating bulbs may not last too long, so it's a bit of a compromise - if you want a whiter light they run hotter, and so tend to have a shorter working life.

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,332 Posts
With commercial headlights you're going to struggle to get any DRL filament bulbs much different colour to what you've got, and you say you want main beam less yellow but main beam is in the same H4 lamp as dip.

·
Special Rapporteur
8,967 Posts
Standard facelift headlamps are twin-filament H4 for main and dip. You can get those in both Nightbreaker and Vision ranges.

·
Registered
8,843 Posts
Maybe post a pic of your headlights so we can see what sort they are then we can advise accordingly.
Failing that take a bulb out and confirm which they are .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts