VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anyone recommend the best place to order a T5.1 facelift kit best quality and fit sportline look thanks in advance

·
Registered
27 Posts
There’s some kits on Feebay, but aftermarket stuff rarely fits well. I found the parts separately. Got:
bonnet from Euro Car Parts
genuine 2nd hand 5.1 bumper including covers - ebay
sportline lower splitter
sportline lower inserts - travelinlite
genuine 5.1 headlights - Facebook market place
headlight wiring converter - travelinlite
light brackets - guy selling them on ebay £20 - not worth fabricating for that price
gaslift and bonnet rubbers - ebay wanted to bin bonnet stay off and you have to use different bump stops on new bonnet.

paid about £430 for everything, worked out cheaper and better quality than these kits. Hope that’s some help, bit more work involved, but worth it for better quality and some cash in your pocket towards the paint job.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I got a travelinlite kit, if I’m honest not that impressed quality wise, and prices were top dollar - ‘smooth’ primed bonnet was bumpy as hell, light bar headlight died after an hour requiring a new relay (looked and felt like the cheapest, crappiest part) and led spots difficult to fit. Don’t get me wrong, it’s looks great, but personally now I wish I’d gone genuine VW, even if second hand, over any aftermarket kits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts