VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all first post I have a 11 plate t32 had it now around 8 weeks and do a lot of night driving and I,m not over inpressed with the head lights (need more light ) can I up grade the bulbs ? Or is it an easy job to fit front fogs (vw fogs and wiring ? ) or is it just me that's not impressed cheers Adam

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi

I've just put the Osram Nightbreaker bulbs in my 06 T5. I live on the N Yorks / Cumbria border, so it's proper dark up here...

I got the bulbs and the wiring upgrade from Martyn (Upspex on here). Very helpful bloke with all things electrical. The wiring upgrade means you get maximum voltage to the bulbs themselves. You may not need it, as you might already be getting max voltage at the bulb connector

Dead easy to fit, all plug in connections. The bulbs alone are cheap enough and you've not much to lose in trying them.

I've lurked on here for 12 months now and picked up great advice, ideas and tips. Thanks all.

Matt

·
Super Moderator
5,216 Posts
I've just done the facelift to my "old style" T5 using the new style caravelle lights and have wired daytime running in with dip beam and night looks like daytime using the original bulbs:eek:

What I would like to mention is that my new bulbs are nothing like I've seen before. They have 3 spade type connectors on the bulb holder so don't look like these are gonna be cheap when they blow. Unless its me being thick but they don't look like H1, H4 or H7 ones. Come on someone tell me otherwise:D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so far gents I,m not going mad the lights are pants then is the wiring loom and bulbs on here for the t5.1 as well ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all had a look today and mine are h4 bulbs 55/60 do I just fit a set of 70/90 or is it the voltage problem people have with the t5 ? Is the man on here who knows about the wiring upgrade ? thanks Adam

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi I have picked up my T32 180 yesterday and drove it last night and can't belive how poor the lighting is. I'm going to fit xenons in the new year so they should be alright then. Lets hope I don't crash before then:eek:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi mate I no the feeling love the van but lights are a real let down for me so far hope I can sort it as I do a lot of night driving

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I think they are fine especially if you have the spots too which I love when they come on at low speeds and cornering etc!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts