VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased some 2014 captains seats for my 2011 (facelift) T5.1. The seats have heating built in but my vehicle doesn't have the required controls. I've searched the forums and it looks like the T5.1 had the controls for heated seats built into the climate control module. My question therefore is, can I change the climate control module easy enough and just plug in the leads that are on mine and the added loom for heated seats? Also does anyone know of which module I would need awe mine has a button on to activate the rear heating. My current climate control module is shown below.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

·
Registered
342 Posts
It's an old post, but thought I'd see if anyone knew this answer. As buying oem front seats which are heated. I know I can get the looms and the heater module, but would be handy the unit is just plug and play (Connectors wise) im aware i have to code for heated seats to function.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
bring this one back to life

ill be looking into this over the weekend. I have heated seats and just bought a climate control unit with the heated seat buttons. If i can find some wiring info I will make or buy the wiring loom for it then code it with VCDS.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Installed a new climate control unit that incorporates the heated seat switches.

The original Climate control unit

I removed the original and compared the two units. They have identical plugs, was expecting the heated seat version to maybe have an additional plug for the seats, but it doesn't. I am guessing then i will need to add additional wiring to the original plug loom.

Installed the new version in

All the original equipment works as it should so it is a direct plug and play swap for the original equipment like aircon, and rear heated window, surprisingly even the heated seat switches light up. As of yet i have not done any coding or looked into how it wires to the seats themselves. thats what ill be looking into next. Maybe a Kufatec loom or something to patch all this together.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Would also be interested to hear how you did this (y)

Have california captains seats with the heating elements built in and would like to get them working. So first thing is to swap out the climate control unit for one that has the buttons on the dials. Seem to be a fair few on eBay for around £150 so that's easy enough.

What else would be needed? Assume some form of loom to connect the seats to possibly a control module? Then a code with VCDS?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Multi quote doesn't work and I am too tight to pay for editing abilities... sorry John the above was a question to you :rolleyes::)

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Would also be interested to hear how you did this (y)

Have california captains seats with the heating elements built in and would like to get them working. So first thing is to swap out the climate control unit for one that has the buttons on the dials. Seem to be a fair few on eBay for around £150 so that's easy enough.

What else would be needed? Assume some form of loom to connect the seats to possibly a control module? Then a code with VCDS?
The year of your van and the year your seats were made, may make a difference as to which loom you get and if you need to get a control module; if you have seats the same age or newer than your van and if a control module is already fitted in your vehicle then it should be fairly simple to do. If the seats are from a pre facelift vehicle then you may have to have loom specifically made or if you get a Kufatec loom, you will have to make some changes to it. I am not sure if it’s the same with older California seats but some of the older captains seats have control modules underneath them, newer seats connect to a module located behind the dash - that’s if your vehicle has one fitted. I put Caravelle seats in mine which had modules under the seats, see Retrofit heated seats. You can get looms from here: VW Multivan Transporter Also, I think Stan the Man still makes looms. I hope this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts