VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

T5.1 Heating

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Kim Humphries 
#1 ·
Hi all. The heater for the camper only works when it's selected to full hot. The heating is roasting at this setting and will cool through summer without issue. It's just the heating modulation that doesn't work. If I turn it anywhere other than full hot I get no heat. It's the climatronice unit with ac if it helps. I suspect it the climatronic unit but does anyone have any other suggestions or experienced the same issue. Thanks.

#4 ·
After looking into the fault I noticed when I turned the temp dial I could here a clicking coming from the the heater plenum. After removing some items from the dash like the stereo and glove box I could see that the heater servo motor was intermiitent in operation and appears to stick during its travel. I've removed the dash to gain access to the servo and will test if it's the servo at fault or the wedge within the plenum that is sticking. I'll keep you informed. Hell of a job though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.