VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm a long time lurker on this site gathering a plethora of great information, so many thanks for that. I'm having a huge change in cars, I've just sold my Aston Martin Vantage to get my T5.1. It was a lovely car, but I've customised a few vans in the past and I've missed them. I think choosing the T5 was a great start :)

I need a day/luxury van, so not worried about the usual caravan conversions, so I turned to a professional custom car company to help me with this. I wanted it to be a four seater with a snug/small bed in the back. As you'll see from the pics it all started from a scribble on a piece of paper, then see the pics below to see how she has been transformed.

She started off as a regular panel van. I'm doing the opposite to most people and starting off with the interior.
2 x Audi S8 Recaro seats (Re-trimmed in)
2 x Porsche turbo seats in rear (Re-Trimmed in matching leather)
Top and rear light housing trimmed in matching grey leather
All panels and roof trimmed in tweed.
Super thick carpets (same as they use in Bentleys)
Fridge under the seats
TV
Leisure battery with electric hook up
LED light panels in rear to stop passengers getting car sick as there are no windows (Clever idea!)
and heater

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics to follow, need to get them uploaded then you'll see the finished build.

I'll let you absorb these....

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Nice start and Lovely seats! fronts match the T5 interior perfectly.

How much Dyanmat did you use? that's my next job when mine comes back from having the roof fitted, i'll be watching this with interest!

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Cool idea! Bed would be ok for one, but a bit short for 2 If it sleeps across the van. Nice to see somethjg different tho!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Doing a fantastic job there!! Will be watching this closely and can't wait to see the finished articleT: Definately something different.

Thanks for sharing*<:)>

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice start and Lovely seats! fronts match the T5 interior perfectly.

How much Dyanmat did you use? that's my next job when mine comes back from having the roof fitted, i'll be watching this with interest!
As I said in my opening text, I turned to a professional custom car company who did the conversion. I came up with the initial plan, then they added their magic with their clever ideas.
I put hands up and admit I have no idea how to use tools :(
..I was nearly a car designer years ago, and love designing custom car/van projects and have done many in the past.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool idea! Bed would be ok for one, but a bit short for 2 If it sleeps across the van. Nice to see somethjg different tho!
The wife LOVES snoozing in the back. With the seats folded forward we can both snuggle together and watch TV quite comfortably, makes a perfect relaxing snug with duvets, pillows and blankets.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Love those front seats, can't wait to see more pics. Though I dare say you must both be short if your planning to lay sideways across the back, I take up the entire length long ways!!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Love those front seats, can't wait to see more pics. Though I dare say you must both be short if your planning to lay sideways across the back, I take up the entire length long ways!!!

I'm 5.10", but I always sleep in a ball (must still be a baby!), I never stretch out.
Both the rear seats are on a cleverly designed folding hinge, the whole of both seats fold forward giving a load more room. Under the seats are panelled and carpeted, I put some cushions there that give me more room.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
More pictures coming, I've had hectic few days.
The whole van is finished both inside and outside, I'll get pics done ASAP

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Right...it's photo bonanza time. I'm not great at taking photos, so some are a little dark and blurred.

So here's the rest of the inside:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts