VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Ive just bought my first camper which has an annoying fault. When stationary or when driving the tailgate solenoid can be heard activating causing it too open. Ive tried disconnecting the interior elec release switch and also the exterior handle release switch but the fault still occurs. If i drive with the central locking locked it prevents the fault from occurring. I also noticed the red led on the drivers door flashes then stays on for 30 secs which according to the manual indicates a central locking fault. Any advice greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

·
Special Rapporteur
9,507 Posts
To start with I would be wondering whether whoever converted it had run a fixing screw or two through the wiring loom, which runs along the nearside roof of the van, right at the edge of the roof above the windows.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To start with I would be wondering whether whoever converted it had run a fixing screw or two through the wiring loom, which runs along the nearside roof of the van, right at the edge of the roof above the windows.
Ok thanks, will have a look into that

·
Special Rapporteur
9,507 Posts
I confess I can't recall exactly. I think that part of it goes across the dash then up the A pillar and the other part up the B pillar, and that they come together at the top of the B pillar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts