VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All this is my first post
Wondered if you could help I’m looking for a supplier that sells either a black plastic or carbon protection strip that goes on the bottom of a vw t5.1 tailgate door . All I can seem to find are the chrome or stainless ones .
cheers Joe

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Bottom of the door or the bumper? If bottom of the door, never seen anything like it but you could simply buy a cheap strip of vinyl from eBay and fit it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello All this is my first post
Wondered if you could help I’m looking for a supplier that sells either a black plastic or carbon protection strip that goes on the bottom of a vw t5.1 tailgate door . All I can seem to find are the chrome or stainless ones .
cheers Joe
it's a good question, i often wonder about covering that bit when I'm yanking on it to close it...

Not really seen any with it done to be honest, which surprises me

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for the comments have asked vw Carbon the question they do one for the t6 tailgate but not for the t5 which is a shame because that would of been perfect .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Darren yeah I already have that on the bumper myself was looking for one that goes on the tailgate itself
Cheers Joe

·
Special Rapporteur
9,055 Posts
My preference (if I thought it was vulnerable on my vehicle - which I don't) would be clear helicopter tape, which is extremely tough. Visually I can't see the appeal of something not body-colour there, but each to his own...

·
Registered
28 Posts
My preference (if I thought it was vulnerable on my vehicle - which I don't) would be clear helicopter tape, which is extremely tough. Visually I can't see the appeal of something not body-colour there, but each to his own...
clear tape isn’t a bad shout actually.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts