VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm currently doing a facelift on my caravelle t5.1 Ive got all the parts apart from the rear lights. I'm holding off buying the 6.1 led rear lights as i need more info before I commit(abit pricey). So I'm wondering if anyone on here has done the facelift or has any knowledge if and what wiring alterations are needed. Or even better if I could get a harness converter. I'm doing the conversation in 3 phases so hoping it will all be done for spring馃. Thank you in advance for any help and any advice I receive馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen it but thought it was for a t6 to t6.1. Ill give em a bell to see but thanks for the info.

140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
Are you changing the tailgate & bumper to T6 as they're both significantly different to T5, if so then T6 rear lights will probably fit. T6 tailgate lights won't fit with a T5 tailgate as they're a totally different shape, T6 barn door lights I think fit with some fettling as VW lost the will to live when they got to barn doors and they're the same as the T5.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I've got new tailgate(not barn doors), bumper ect everything except the lights. Really like the 6.1 rear lights but don't want waste money if I cant get em to work.

140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
If they're full LED I'd imagine you'll need load resistors for the indicators, & code out the bulb failure function for the other lights if nothing else!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts