VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 12v socket in the tray on the top of the dashboard has stopped working. Like this other poster I'm amazed that there's no info with my van on the fuse layouts.

I swear I went through each and every fuse in the box today and couldn't find any blown. Can anyone enlighten me where the fuse for that 12v socket is?

Thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
hi, if you are on about the 12v cig lighter in the middle of the cup holders it is,unbelievably under the passenger seat (15 amp i think)

·
Registered
49 Posts
My 12v socket does not work either, but the 15amp fuse under the seat is fine. Any suggestions. It's a 63 plate new van and I've never even used the socket.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, to be clear I'm not looking for the fuse for the socket in the cup holder drawer, it's the one under the spring-loaded flap on the tray on top of the dash.

Any clues?

·
Special Rapporteur
10,068 Posts
Posted in the other "fuse card" thread but might as well put it here too. Looks like if it's not Fuse 11, 22 or 23 under the passenger seat then it should be Fuse 12 on the upper dash panel fuse board.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had the same problem and tested all the fuses in the dash and under the passenger seat. Finally removed the top tray only to discover the 12v socket also has .......an in line fuse.....all sorted and maybe this will help any one else with such frustrations!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Could not find the fuse for this as not in the obvious fuse holder under the seat. Called into Bespoke V Dubs near to where I work and they pointed me in the right direction. There is another fuse holder under the seat behind a pull off plastic cover and it was under there T:. Hope this helps as it was doing my nut in trying to find it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Could not find the fuse for this as not in the obvious fuse holder under the seat. Called into Bespoke V Dubs near to where I work and they pointed me in the right direction. There is another fuse holder under the seat behind a pull off plastic cover and it was under there T:. Hope this helps as it was doing my nut in trying to find it
Bingo. Been sweating and cursing all day until I found this ! Hard to find little fuse that had blown !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Myself and Triffic did tell you!
Yes indeed. However there is the main fuse box on one side underneath of the passenger seat but none of the fuses were blown. I did not realise there was another smaller set the other side which were covered and there was only one small 15a fuse right at the bottom hard to see and get to. Appreciate your help

1 - 15 of 15 Posts