VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was all going so well...

Does anyone know what the bundle of wiring above the side loading door of a T5.1 Kombi connects to?

While drilling a clearance hole for extra lighting wiring I've managed to rip through a bundle of wiring above the SLD. I've got an Austops poptop fitted & wanted a light fitted above the SLD. Everything still seems to run / light up, so I'm worried it's something more than just lights I've screwed up. Any suggestions for an auto electrician in or around the Liverpool area would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Special Rapporteur
9,761 Posts
Everything at the back goes via that loom - lights, rear wiper, HRW, factory towbar if fitted, rear internal lamp. Offhand I can't recall if the rear ABS sensors go via that route. As you suggest, it will need to be fixed properly, as faults may develop later due to vibration moving the wires around.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything at the back goes via that loom - lights, rear wiper, HRW, factory towbar if fitted, rear internal lamp. Offhand I can't recall if the rear ABS sensors go via that route. As you suggest, it will need to be fixed properly, as faults may develop later due to vibration moving the wires around.
Thanks, Triffic. I thought that would be the case, looks like I'll have to find myself a tame auto-spark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts