VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a mystery coolant loss on my van since I bought it a few weeks ago, it is under warranty and I have been using my regular garage to try and diagnose it. I drove to Cornwall (200 miles away) and after the drive once the van had cooled down it struggled to start again and hydrolocked a few times. Since then the garage have had it and noticed that inside the pipe to the EGR cooler it was wet so they disconnected/bypassed it and ran the van for the day and later on the previously wet pipe was completely dry as it should be.

Following this they gave me the van back to trial for a few days to see if the coolant drop had stopped. It hadn't and is still leaking an alarming ammount of coolant. The van drives completely fine and hasn't had any issues since it failed to start after doing 4 hours of motorway driving.

Wondering if anyone else has had any similar problems as I understand the other two likely causes are water pump or head gasket and as there are no signs of coolant on the ground I would edge towards coolant.

Sorry for the long read and thanks for any help :)

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
If its still under VW warranty you need to leave them to sort the issue out that could be very expensive. Dont forget VW will lie cheat and steal because that's the company that they have become I:I:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I having te same problem in my vacations at first just start to disapear te collant then was the oil also now a very loud noise.
I have made a video mine is 2.5 axdsx0 2007

1 - 7 of 7 Posts