VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the injectors go faulty often? Only because I have an axd that's running with a bad missfire, I assumed it was the cam but after I have taken the rocker cover off it looks ok, just thought I would ask before I removed them and sent them away for testing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
They can go faulty, usually the solenoid or injector nozzle fails.

Don't just try and take the nozzle out though, there's a really fine dowel running through the injector that snaps when you open the injector as the nozzle will be caked onto the housing. I know, I've been there and got the T shirt.
I ended up milling a jig out of steel which clamps the main body and also the nozzle firm, while allowing the centre nozzle bodyto be undone without damaging the dowel.
If the nozzle is blocked then a soak in an unltrasonic bath will sort it. If the nozzle is worn then you're starting to spend, same goes if the solenoid is playing up. Although personally I haven't a clue how to test the solenoid on these. Maybe rig up a jig to add fuel, compress the injector and apply the correct voltage across to see if it opens and squirts fuel? Or send them off for testing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys, I'm going to remove them tomorrow and get them tested, out of curiosity how much do you want for the set just vans?

·
Super Moderator
9,252 Posts
Maybe one of the followers not working correctly so may not the valve properly. That would give a lower compression to produce a midss fire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts