VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I tried to search first but still not finding any advise/DIY instructions for the changing
oil filter in 2.5 TDI engine. I know it is in hard place but can anyone explain how to change it?
THX.

/ Tero

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi,

I tried to search first but still not finding any advise/DIY instructions for the changing
oil filter in 2.5 TDI engine. I know it is in hard place but can anyone explain how to change it?
THX.

/ Tero
The oil filter sits in the filter housing which is on the front of the engine on the left hand side (as you look at it under the bonnet).

The filter housing has a big plastic screw cap with a hex head (approx 40mm in size?) on the top of it. you just need to unscrew this and pull the old filter out, then drop the new one in and replace the cap.

The cap can be difficult to get a spanner on, i found removing the belly pan off the engine (which you'll take it off when you chance the oil), then feeling up in front of the wheel arch should give you access.

hth

nathan

·
Registered
103 Posts
It is just about reachable from the top. You'll need two long extensions witha wobble/flexible coupling at the socket end.

If you stick your arm down the left hand side of the rad its almost directly under the power steering reservoir but angled forwards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts