VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

First time i have done one of these so if i have done it wrong please accept my apologies.

I am in need of a new turbo wastegate actuator for my 55plate t5 2.5ltr engine 174bhp. I have trawled the internet and found lots of them but cant see to defiantly tell if it is the one for my engine or turobo.

It would be amazing if any one of you VW guru's could point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
233 Posts
From my breif understanding of Turbo's the starting point you need is the Part number of your Turbo.
Mine for eg is a Garret GT1752v and any manufacturer or re-conditioner will be able to supply you the actuator
for the part you request. Fleabay does sell them but look on titnernet for suppliers.
Just my sixpence worth.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi

First time i have done one of these so if i have done it wrong please accept my apologies.

I am in need of a new turbo wastegate actuator for my 55plate t5 2.5ltr engine 174bhp. I have trawled the internet and found lots of them but cant see to defiantly tell if it is the one for my engine or turobo.

It would be amazing if any one of you VW guru's could point me in the right direction.
Hi mate, out of interest, how is it you know that your wastegate actuator is knackered? I have a feeling I may have the same issue (pressure loss/hissing sound at turbo?) but am curious how this can be diagnosed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts