VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, I'm after a wiring diagram for a 1.9tdi 2004 T5. Ive previously asked for assistance but need a wiring diagram to help trace the faults as the window modules control not only the windows but the central locking and the mirror motors. Could do with a diagram with wire colours to help trace.

Many thanks

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
The easiest place to get wiring diagrams is from a Haynes manual, but I'm sure they don't have the mirror wiring in any of the diagrams that I've looked at in my manual. The diagrams that they do have also seem a bit basic & don't always include all the information regarding control unit identification numbers.

To get accurate VW drawings you need your chassis number or registration number as there are literally hundreds of variations for van spec/year/etc/etc.
Having said that you'd expect things like mirror heating, central locking & electric window wiring to be the same on a similar year van/bus.

I am sure it's possible to get a temporary access to ELSA WIN, (not sure if that is the correct name for it, but someone will be able to confirm the web address) & you could then download what wiring diagrams you need.

·
Special Rapporteur
9,308 Posts
You're probably thinking of erWin. ELSA has never been available to the public - it's intended for dealer use only, but is available (illegally) as a pirated version quite widely. My personal experience of ELSA is that it's a pain to use, because it's designed to use a database that the public cannot access - so for example it has a VIN lookup that simply doesn't work outside the dealer network.

ErWin is the subscription based system operated by VW for public access, and you can get cheap short term subscriptions if that's all you need.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
You're probably thinking of erWin. ELSA has never been available to the public - it's intended for dealer use only, but is available (illegally) as a pirated version quite widely. My personal experience of ELSA is that it's a pain to use, because it's designed to use a database that the public cannot access - so for example it has a VIN lookup that simply doesn't work outside the dealer network.

ErWin is the subscription based system operated by VW for public access, and you can get cheap short term subscriptions if that's all you need.

I knew someone would know, well done Triffic (y)

If you have issues with windows, mirrors & central locking then it's a fair chance it is something related to all three.

The mirrors should work with the ignition switched ON only.

The windows will work with the ignition switched ON & the doors closed. Turn the ignition OFF & you should still be able to open & close the windows.
Open the door & this will stop the windows opening & closing with the ignition OFF.
If that makes sense !!?

If your central locking tries to lock the doors, then they unlock straight away then the control unit "thinks" the door or a door, is still open & will not allow you to lock the van.

Both the above are controlled by the door lock mechanism micro switches, so it might be best to start any fault finding by looking at these door lock mechanism switches.
You need to be sure that when each door is closed correctly it's respective micro switch is in the CLOSED condition.
I think I might have a drawing with these micro switches on, I'll try & remember to have a look when I get home tonight.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
...as the window modules control not only the windows but the central locking and the mirror motors.
I don't think that is the case. The Conv Unit under the seat does have a role to play in all those things though. They do get wet sometimes and cause problems. Are all of those things dead? The windows 'talk' to each other and if a window module/motor gives a corrupted message it could affect both sides. You could try disconnecting one window at a time and see if the other (or anything else) comes back to life. You really could do with VCDS to be able to see if any communication or other codes are logged and be able to clear any new ones you cause during testing. Can't help with the wiring diagram I'm afraid.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
hi, I'm after a wiring diagram for a 1.9tdi 2004 T5. Ive previously asked for assistance but need a wiring diagram to help trace the faults as the window modules control not only the windows but the central locking and the mirror motors. Could do with a diagram with wire colours to help trace.

Many thanks
I've found a couple of drawings for the door contacts & central locking, which may help.
I can't seem to send you a private message, or "conversation" as they are now called to get you email address. No idea why unless it's because you haven't been a member for very long or not posted enough times. If anyone knows why please let me know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm looking for one as well. I've got the same van as you and the central locking seems very intermittent. I've only got a key, no fob...

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Quite possibly because im new
Strangely, I've noticed that if I do not login & I click on your avatar there is the "Start Conversation" option. If I click on it, because I'm not logged in it just comes up with a message along the lines of "oops there seems to be a problem".

If I login & click on your avatar the "Start Conversation" option is not there !

I'm confused.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So update. Im supposed to going away next week in the camper so I bit the bullet and called an auto spark. There response to me about half hour ago was " I have no idea" this is to why the passenger window and mirrors won't work. He said I can usually communicate with atleast one of the modules but I cant talk to either.

Now am I right in thinking that the drivers door module is the master one which control both sides? The drivers side works fine just nothing on the passenger.

Does anyone know anybody in the northwest who might have a better idea as to why this fault is here?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
So update. Im supposed to going away next week in the camper so I bit the bullet and called an auto spark. There response to me about half hour ago was " I have no idea" this is to why the passenger window and mirrors won't work. He said I can usually communicate with atleast one of the modules but I cant talk to either.

Now am I right in thinking that the drivers door module is the master one which control both sides? The drivers side works fine just nothing on the passenger.

Does anyone know anybody in the northwest who might have a better idea as to why this fault is here?
If you don't mind posting your email address on this forum I can email you these wiring diagrams I have.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts