VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Have recently bought a the above van, currently in being partially converted at the mo.

But i am looking for a new steering wheel, any advice or which one is recommended? Does not have to be a multi function one.

Also where to get it from? I know Ebay has etc, but would rather go to a supplier?

Cheers

·
Registered
860 Posts
Van X have a flat bottomed leather steering wheel (not MFSW) - choice of stitching and trims plus it’s straight swap with your existing airbag👍🏻

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice one thats exactly the type of reply i like! Away to have a gander just now thanks for that 👍

·
Premium Member
2,071 Posts
I've got a MK7 golf one in mine and love it, needs coding in and additional wiring to get the buttons working, but well worth it.
Depending where in the UK you are, there are companies that supply and fit them for you.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Look for a Mk6 wheel if you want MFSW buttons. You need to make sure you get one without cruise on the wheel even if you have cruise on the van. The later wheels (Mk7) use a difference coms bus which only appeared on late T5.1 and T6 so you can't get them to work.

If you get the right wheel then you can add two wires (bus connection to the BCM and one to 12v off the back of the headlight) connector, then you can get the wheel coded and you'll be in business. Although my van is a highline and the buttons worked without coding.

Something like this :

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alot for the info folks very helpful! The van is currently in getting the conversion started off so will defo be looking into the new steering wheel when i collect the van!
Cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts