VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone Just new to this looks a fantastic site
I have a 2006 T5 2.5 Tdi 4Motion it has 90k on the clock i was just wondering would any of use members on here know of any recomended upgrades or reccomended peices of maintanace that i should look into i.e engine modifications or suspension upgrades i have considered replacing the rear shocks and springs as the van wondery??

Thanks
Colm

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hi, what do you mean by 'wondery' - does it stay in a straight line when you take your hands off the wheel (obviously testing safely in an open area), or is it pulling to one side? If its wandering/pulling then your tracking might need adjusting

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, thanks for the reply no I mean when going around a corner etc it wouldn handle very well steering alignment is perfect and there is 4 good tyres on the van ...

·
Registered
396 Posts
You might want to re-post this problem in the "Steering and suspension" forum for advice? I'm no expert, but if it was a Landrover with those symptoms and it was sitting level/damping quickly when you jump off each corner of the bumper (to encourage bounce), then I'd be looking at bush wear. Haven't had need to explore that area of T5s yet thank goodness. Welcome to the site by the way!:)

·
Registered
809 Posts
Any service history? Might be worth doing a full service and also doing your gates couplings if they have not been replaced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts