VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else had this problem?

I have a 2011 T5 LWB 140PS 4Motion Kombi. It has a judder (since new) 1600-2000 rpm most noticable in 4,5 and 6th. Its been in the dealers for three weeks, they have replaced the Haldex and prop-shaft without success. The work shop manager is now saying its a "feature" of this type of van, and refusing to spent more workshop time to fix it, unless I can show him a 140PS LWB 4motion without a judder.

Any members with this type of van able to get to the basingstoke area?

Any advice in dealing with this issue would be great. This is my first T5 (and first VW) so far the experience has not been good.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi, well if it was a 2.5 I would have suspected a dodgy injector seal, as this often shows up as a judder. Not sure if it's worth looking at that as they are common rail now so it's prob not a issue on the 2.0l. Other thing to look at might be the alternator as I have just had one fail and it manifestied it's destruction by making the engine judder at those sorts of revs until the alternator finally seized up on the A1 :*

Hope you get it sorted bud T:

Chris.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My 2005 130 2.5 4M , with 125,000km hasn't any judders. Yes the engine probably isn't as smooth as the later version, but no judder? Not sure if this helps? I do know that the latter haldex clutch is different, but my agent had me change the oil on the basis that when the oil ages, he said it shows up as a judder, mine didn't but I thought it about time for the oil change so had it done.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Joe, is it an option to get online and check stock of local dealers to see if there is another like yours on a forecourt? Then go and drive it to compare? Or another dealer for a second opinion..?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.