VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still on the hunt for a T5 and unless the right one comes along quickly ( at the right price..yeah whatever ) I was going to try the autions for a panal van. Anybody any ideas what the ballpark figures are for a 2003-4 basic white van with a 5 figure mileage, the auction centres wont divulge? :) I have £3-4k

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Rich was that a T5 cos thats what I want, didnt know you were trying to get out of the slow lane either I:

·
Registered
40 Posts
ive just purchased a 05 plate silver t5 1.9 104 bhp full electric pack cat d with very light scrape down the n/s for £2700 from a salvage auction cost me £250 to have him delivered,happy days im after some side windows now and im gonna let rip with the air saw the weekend...lolRasp:

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What a bargain mate well done, any chance of some piccys to see what cat d damage looks like, do people think it puts some off from purchasing?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I can't speak for other auction houses but if you ring British car auctions van places they're happy to give you an idea of the sale price on the phone. Just look at the auction lists online (commercial auction view from their site which is free) and then give them a call with the reg number. Even if they aren't near and you have no intention of buying from them it's a way to get and idea.

Don't forget the VAT to add and the auction fee (around 250-300 at BCA).

·
Registered
407 Posts
TBH there is a bit of a boom at present with stuff fetching well over book.

My mate runs a car lot and just to get stock he is paying well over the top!

Early T5s I have seen this week are all 4-5000 +vat depending on spec etc, there are suddenly lots of ebay sellers at 7K!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't speak for other auction houses but if you ring British car auctions van places they're happy to give you an idea of the sale price on the phone. Just look at the auction lists online (commercial auction view from their site which is free) and then give them a call with the reg number. Even if they aren't near and you have no intention of buying from them it's a way to get and idea.

Don't forget the VAT to add and the auction fee (around 250-300 at BCA).
Thanks for the info guys I will give BCA a call tomorrow. From what I can gather VAT is included in the hammer price and there are quite a few on the website T:

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
ive just purchased a 05 plate silver t5 1.9 104 bhp full electric pack cat d with very light scrape down the n/s for £2700 from a salvage auction cost me £250 to have him delivered,happy days im after some side windows now and im gonna let rip with the air saw the weekend...lolRasp:
can you email me the salvage site details so I can keep an eye out

:D

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
wouldnt mind the details of the salvage site guys if too, thinking of parting with my 03 long nose to get a t5.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts