VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Does the metal water pipe into the block just pull out (when the the two screws are removed)? The screwdriver is pointing to the stubborn pipe. It'll wiggle, and I can twist it, but it wont pull.

·
Super Moderator
9,191 Posts
2 bolts:confused: there's o my one and it pulls out. It looks like you've an exhaust leak.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 bolts:confused: there's o my one and it pulls out. It looks like you've an exhaust leak.
I'm fitting a cast iron manifold, the previous owner had just packed sealant around it. I'd like that water pipe out of the way to ease fitting of the manifold to turbo joint :)

·
Registered
961 Posts
While it should just pull out like Festa said, I would be very tempted to leave it where it is. If the AXD/E is anything like mine BNZ you can do manifold replacement ok while pipe is still in place.

·
Registered
2004 T5 2.5 174
2,216 Posts
They do just pull out but they are quite tight. You might need to lever it out with screwdriver or bar. They pop out quite suddenly so prepare to get wet!

Good old sooty manifold leak there as Festa says. But what is that hose clip doing there? Hard to tell but it looks like someone ran it down the hose and forgot about it. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They do just pull out but they are quite tight. You might need to lever it out with screwdriver or bar. They pop out quite suddenly so prepare to get wet!

Good old sooty manifold leak there as Festa says. But what is that hose clip doing there? Hard to tell but it looks like someone ran it down the hose and forgot about it. :)
In the process of dismantling, I moved the clip, and I tell you what, the rubber hoses have quite a tenacious grip on that metal water rail!

·
Registered
2004 T5 2.5 174
2,216 Posts
You can buy a cheap tool for those clips that not only releases them when you can't your pliers or whatever on them, but it also keeps them in the open position so they don't start trying to crush the hose when you leave them pulled back. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BERGEN-Re...638703?hash=item41928dc4af:g:itIAAOSwPhdVBvm7

Some of these cheap ones won't open enough for the biggest clips like the air filter hoses though.

·
Registered
961 Posts
In the process of dismantling, I moved the clip, and I tell you what, the rubber hoses have quite a tenacious grip on that metal water rail!
I use plumbing pliers to gently grab the hose and just twist or rotate the hose, as soon as the grip is freed you can pull them off.:)

·
Registered
961 Posts
I use plumbing pliers to gently grab the hose and just twist or rotate the hose, as soon as the grip is freed you can pull them off.:)
To clarify, remove hose clamp, then gently grip the hose where the clamp used to be with plumbers pliers. Twist/rotate until hose releases its grip on pipe. Pipe will then pull off.T:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts