VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Am new to the forum and very happy to be a prospective T5 owner! Ordered 140 Highline beginning of May. Now very disappointed to have been told by VW the 12 week delivery is now due to be 27 weeks due to the fact they cannot get rear sensors (part of Highline pack).

Anyone else been told this? Trying to establish if we downgrade from Highline whether that will bring build date forward.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Welcome aboard buddy ! Sorry to hear that news,that's pretty poor if it is sensors holding it up!.
Where have you ordered it from?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Anyone else been told this? Trying to establish if we downgrade from Highline whether that will bring build date forward.

Thanks
I wouldn't down grade, you'll regret it for a lot longer than the 13week delay. My T5 was 6weeks late, without any explanation or apology from the main dealer. It seems that VW's delivery dates are ahem! "flexible" How about asking for the vehicle delivered without the sensors & let the dealer retrofit them when they become available. You suddenly might find that the sensors aren't the problem & they are spinning you a tale:(

·
Registered
217 Posts
My mates order is delayed for the same reason.
Can't see why they can't get on with the rest of it and just ship them to the dealer to fit :* or perhaps they start with the parking sensors and build the van round it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Guys, first post on here, as we are waiting for delivery of our shuttle, been told the same about sensors, dealer has offered to retro fit, waiting to find out if they will still be linked to the rns315 display

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all responses - useful to know similar story is being heard elsewhere. If we downgrade from Highline, we would then add separately the features we want and dealer fit sensors after. Waiting to see if that has a significant impact on dates. Will probably end up waiting till December.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
I've heard they have built 300 highlines without sensors, and aren't going to do anything about it unless the owners complain.
Apparently they forgot to fit them.
I have a 2007 with sensors, went to main dealer to buy one today as one has gone faulty £93 each and they have five in stock.
They come in matt black and you have to have them sprayed.
So looked on ebay and got one coming for £17 delivered.
Will post when it arrives if it works.
Cheers SRR

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've heard they have built 300 highlines without sensors, and aren't going to do anything about it unless the owners complain.
Apparently they forgot to fit them.
Surely if they forgot to fit them they should have 300 sets just lying around so no need for the delays!?!?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts