VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after a leaky roof bolt the wet carpet is out of the cab.

Whilst all the seats and floor are stripped out I'm going to take the opportunity to sound proof the cab.

I've got Classic Acoustics anti vibration mat ready to go down on the floor and arches, but dilemma is do I add anything more?

Read back to back threads on here, but I'm not planning on spending a fortune.

Road and more so engine noise does frustrate me, but will adding anything else on top of the vibration matting and the chunky rubber foam floor mat make that much difference?

This is what I have so far from classic acoustics.

http://79.170.44.81/classicacoustics.co.uk/cab-installations/anti-drumming-noise-barrier/

·
Super Moderator
5,211 Posts
Looks good stuff.
Ive seen their website before but it has no prices:*

I think you will be fine with their kits and with what youve bought mateT:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have soundproofed my cab using the 2.5mm barrier from classic acoustics followed by a 15 / 20mm closed cell foam on top of that which was supplied by classic acoustics again and finally the cab mat back on. Try and get the barrier as far up the bulkhead as possible as this will make a big difference to the engin noise. While you have the cab mat out its a great time to give it a wash down and then a shine up. I used some black boot polish which made it come up great.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have soundproofed my cab using the 2.5mm barrier from classic acoustics followed by a 15 / 20mm closed cell foam on top of that which was supplied by classic acoustics again and finally the cab mat back on. Try and get the barrier as far up the bulkhead as possible as this will make a big difference to the engin noise. While you have the cab mat out its a great time to give it a wash down and then a shine up. I used some black boot polish which made it come up great.
as above matey just what he said see my build thread

1 - 4 of 4 Posts