VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am makeing some 3D printing for the T5, audio related.

So far i did a screen relocation for the Andoid headunit, so that the sun is not shining into the screen.
I also did the 6,5" woofer adapter for the door sides. (planning 8" for next projekt)

Now i am looking to do a adapter so that one can mount speakers in the dash, however i dont have the original part for this.

Is there any person on this forum, kind enough to put this part in a scanner (flat part?) so that i can make some 3D drawings of it?

My idea is to make all the parts avalible so that anyone can 3D print these parts instead of ordering it online when you need it. Also it will be customizable to whatever you have.

Since i had alot of problem finding good high end mnid / tweeter setup for the dash for resonable prices i thought maybe this is the route to go?

Please, if anyone have good images of the original dash mounted parts, or even better can put it inside a scanner with ruler on same scan, i would be very happy!

Thanks guys!

Item i need outline profile of looks like this:

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
This 6,5" adapter is modelled after my pioneer coax speakers but should fit any other brand.

I made a water protection sleeve for the backside, it should fit right on and clamps in place. Might need some glue to stay perfect.

Made this so that one can mount it stragiht from the torx screws (4 pcs) and no need to undrill the rivets for the original mount. This way one can install original back when selling the car, very fast and easy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After that i did a screen reloaction for my android headunit.

With this mod, the screen gets an angle of 80 degrees and will not reflect sunshine from front or back in my car (i have wall towards back).

Parts to cover the mounting hole is also printed.

This mod includes removing the original parts from the headunit, that takes 8 screws (philips) and is a 5 minute job that anyone can doo. It also includes removing ribon cable and opening the fastenres for ribbon cable. Very easy job and makes the headunit 100x more usable.

Fits in single DIN slot, bottom location, box can be kept above but is difficult to reach since screen is 10".

I also altered the angle towards the driver, so that it is easier to touch the screen and read while driving.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Progress on DIY dash speaker adapter, after many attempts its now coming closer to usable.

This template should be usable for anyone who likes to put a generic tweeter or mid inside the original mounting space.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got another part up today, its the 12V to USB adapter that fits in the normal slot for T5. That makes bit more nice installation.

3D printed to fit common cigarette lighter USB charger with one USB port.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts