VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I need advice.
In June this year my 2012 Caravelle's engine heat siezed and i had a new engine fitted at a VW dealership. I stated to them that I only had a DPF warning prior to the seize. To which they did a regen at a cost of £340.00 and did not offer/suggest to replace, after about 50 miles after I got it back on a Saturdaythe DPF warning light returned, they asked my to keep doing a regen myself but it still returns weekly.
In addition while the engine was out they replaced an oil seal in the gearbox and a full service. a month ago the gearbox and rear axle drastically failed with a loud bang and jolt as if i was rear ended. i have taken the vehicle back to VW and they stated that it was the mechatronics and would cost £1600 +Vat or a new gearbox at £4700 +Vat if gearbox damaged, they wanted £493 at first to investigate the gearbox. I complained and then a week later it was stated that the casing was porous. and then another weekpassed and now they state that on removing the bell housing they have noticed a groove in the casing which has caused the leak and the failure which now they will rectify free of charge and wave the £493 investigation charge.
I originally went to VW because I intend to keep the vehicle for a long time and wanted confidence with the replacement engine and the fitting of it. now I have none in this dealership.

My questions are;-
1) Normal mileage/lifespan before replacing the DPF (VW state 120,000 miles)
2) If i wanted legal advice regarding the gearbox where should i go (I'm an RAC member woUld they help?)

BR

·
Registered
423 Posts
I would do some reading up as vw twin turbo d vans have had 'issues' between certain years think yours is around the affected years.

good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts