VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who has had an ECU Remap done and informed their Insurasnce companies - what sort of response have you received?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
If you do a remap, then this should be shown on the V5.

If you have a remap and dont declare it, then if anything happens and it is found, then insuarnce is cancelled.

SO

What do you do, the remap and tel or drive with the what if in the back of the mind?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly RJM - my question was aimed at people who told their insurance - I wantred info on how much the premiums increased?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK - thanks for the advice - works out as well - mine will cost 300 but will save me money over time add the increase in insurance premiums and still worth doing.

Cheers guys

RAWSURF

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
How would they ever know?

Brentacre charge you by the bhp -might be worth a call if you want to be totally squeeky clean and honest. T:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rhino... Good Question - how would they ever know unless they check.

Its pretty clear to me that if the companies that offer these remaps can actually do the remap then the insurance companies surely must be aware that these things can be done so how long before they start checking as part of insurance claims - I am weighing up whether its worth the gamble...

I guess Im just too honest for my own good sometimes.

Cheers
RAWSURF

1 - 8 of 8 Posts