VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
Having some issues with my drivers door lock.
It has always been a bit temperamental, sometimes not locking or unlocking with the rest of the doors.
Unfortunately, as of yesterday, it won't open at all.
I don't have a key for the door locks as the previous owner must have had them replaced but only ever used the fob, so I am stuck with a door that doesn't open.
The door lock doesn't make a noise or even attempt to unlock, it's completely dead.
Any idea what it could be?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, can anyone offer any advice on how to open the drivers door? Thanks

·
Registered
856 Posts
Theres a few videos on YouTube showing you how to open doors and repair/replace actuators 👍🏻

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Theres a few videos on YouTube showing you how to open doors and repair/replace actuators 👍🏻
Ye I found most of those, thanks. Unfortunately, none of them show you how to open the door

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Sounds brutal but give the door a big whack from the outside. Wind window down and do the same. Keep whacking and clicking the key fob button.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Try this one 👍🏻
Sounds brutal but give the door a big whack from the outside. Wind window down and do the same. Keep whacking and clicking the key fob button.
I've tried all of the above, still no joy.
I have managed to remove the inside door panel, does anyone know how I now open the door?
I need to override the lock some how.
Thanks

·
Registered
856 Posts
Does that hooking thing he does in the video not work? I’ve not tried it personally tbf (🤞🏻)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hit the door firmly when the door lock is and keep pressing the unlock button. 9/10 it will unlock.
Replace the door lock. The its something to do with the soldering on the locks circuit board that go weak.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does that hooking thing he does in the video not work? I’ve not tried it personally tbf (🤞🏻)
I can't remove the plastic bit to get the wire in to the door unfortunately

Hit the door firmly when the door lock is and keep pressing the unlock button. 9/10 it will unlock.
Replace the door lock. The its something to do with the soldering on the locks circuit board that go weak.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk
Will give it another go, thanks. This use to work, but I think it has now completely packed up

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nope, still won't open. Tried to open it by making a small hole in the lock enclosure and turning some cogs but nothing...
I guess the last resort is removing the lock with a crowbar???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts