VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I want to convert a t5 van into a camper. I am looking to make something that is fairly bespoke and high end. I am currently looking for good scale drawings of the van and a plan of where everything would go. I need the dimensions for the van more than anything!

I have a 8x4' CNC milling machine and would be happy to help other people out with there projects or even do a joint project to your van so I can make some plans.

Hope someone can help!

Thanks cody

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
I'm pretty certain ( haven't just got time to search right now), that you may well find a drawing on here.

However, with such a variation in dimensions of alternative beds and appliances, let alone personal choice, with regard layout and van use, that to find a definitive answer will be difficult.

Millimetres can make a massive difference here and there and even with "standard" sizes from one manufacturer, mounting a rock n roll style bed of the same design, could easily be done a little differently in two vans.

We fitted a 1300mm RIB in ours and frankly, although we knew its dimensions, it wasn't until I'd got it fitted as far to the n/s as possible for it to operate correctly, could I see how much space I had for a unit to the o/s. As it went I actually had almost 20mm more room for cupboard width than figured dimensions originally suggested.

I really do know where you are coming from and although I don't myself, I have access to cnc cutting via friends and customers. Frankly, just creating a "one off" for myself, once I could come up with accurate numbers with the bed fitted, it was just as easy to "stick-build", taking actual measurements as I went.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi guys,

I want to convert a t5 van into a camper. I am looking to make something that is fairly bespoke and high end. I am currently looking for good scale drawings of the van and a plan of where everything would go. I need the dimensions for the van more than anything!

I have a 8x4' CNC milling machine and would be happy to help other people out with there projects or even do a joint project to your van so I can make some plans.

Hope someone can help!

Thanks cody
This might help: http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=252892

Philip

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to dig this up out of the grave. Am also after some designs that I could put through a friends CBC mill if anyone can help please?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts