VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a t5 that I need converting to a camper can anyone recommend a company to do this for me.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Loads of information on the forum and I'm sure there will be a number of companies offering there services as well as useful advice.

I'm not to far from you, down the M2. I'm having a caravelle rail system installed next week and will then have windows, electrics, insulation and carpeting. Going for more of a day van to use for camping and travelling.

What are hoping to have done to the van? A full camper conversion including the roof?

Keiron T:

·
Registered
893 Posts
I am also in Broadstairs!
But that's not the point. I can thoroughly recommend Vantastic. They did my conversion which is also a day van. Phone Darren and talk through your requirements with him, he will do pretty much anything you want and is very easy to work with.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Good luck with your conversion, I did the same back end of last year, t28 to full camper conversion. You have a PM from me regards my converter. I think the key for me would be to get a converter that you are able to travel to often to make sure procgress is aligned with what you asked for also really consider what you need inside, for instance I had a gas oven/grill installed, which we have used but a small microwave and a toaster might have been better as we nearly always have access to mains power. I also thought I needed a 3 way fridge but in reality the 50ltr electric fridge does us better - you can also open this when the beds down with our configuration to get to the beers. All personal choice, there are loads of ideas on this forum.

Terry

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi, maybe we can help you- we are based just north of watford and can do part or full conversions. We update customers vans we are converting through our Facebook page so they can see what is going on if they cant see us that often. If you would like any info at all- even if you dont want us to do any work for you feel free to give us a call for advice etc.

www.AnsettAutomotive.co.uk

T:

·
Registered
232 Posts
I am also in Broadstairs!
But that's not the point. I can thoroughly recommend Vantastic. They did my conversion which is also a day van. Phone Darren and talk through your requirements with him, he will do pretty much anything you want and is very easy to work with.
It's nice and peaceful now all that folking has stopped!

I forgot to say, I'm going to be using Kingfisher Conversions down in Eastbourne, speak to Simon. Nice and helpful and the work on their website looks great.

http://www.kingfishercampers.co.uk/

·
Registered
893 Posts
I think the key for me would be to get a converter that you are able to travel to often to make sure procgress is aligned with what you asked for
This is a very good point

also really consider what you need inside, for instance I had a gas oven/grill installed, which we have used but a small microwave and a toaster might have been better
Be careful here, you have to have a two burner hob in order to change the classification on the log book to Motorcaravan and this is advantageous for insurance and speed limits.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone I have rang t4 world left messages and vantastic have had emails and messages left and kingfisher had email I have not had a reply from anyone . Is there anyone else who wants my money to convert a van.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Thanks everyone I have rang t4 world left messages and vantastic have had emails and messages left and kingfisher had email I have not had a reply from anyone . Is there anyone else who wants my money to convert a van.
If you are Ian with the Honda garage,who sent an enquiry about converting vans with a view to selling them, I replied to you this morning.
I received your email yesterday at 11.34 am, and normally try to respond within 24hrs. However, sometimes, especially weekends, etc, it may take a bit longer. I:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts