VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody help me to positively identify my 2009 reg.2.5 Danbury LWB.
I've got the Vin Plate in the engine bay but the sticker under the drivers side dash or on the seat is missing.
I've tried on the web - VW seems to say that don't keep records going back that far!
Anybody know who to try please? One website said it was a multivan? and the van is plated at 3500kg.
but the rear door says its a T28 and the last MOT tester seemed to think it was a T30?
Help:

acm50

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,446 Posts
Can anybody help me to positively identify my 2009 reg.2.5 Danbury LWB.
I've got the Vin Plate in the engine bay but the sticker under the drivers side dash or on the seat is missing.
I've tried on the web - VW seems to say that don't keep records going back that far!
Anybody know who to try please? One website said it was a multivan? and the van is plated at 3500kg.
but the rear door says its a T28 and the last MOT tester seemed to think it was a T30?
Help:

acm50
Isn't the VIN at the bottom of the windscreen passenger side looking in?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Stick a code reader tool on it, i know mine pulls all the details regarding vin , engine etc. 👍

·
Special Rapporteur
9,178 Posts
and the van is plated at 3500kg.
That doesn't make any sense at all. Even a T32 would not be plated, from the factory, at 3500kg.

As already said, the VIN should be recorded at the base of the windscreen, visible from outside, on the passenger side.

One of the slightly confusing things though is that T30s are not always plated at 3000kg - mine for example is a T30 but has a GVW, from the factory, of 2800kg.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Roger - yes the vin no. behind the screen is thankfully the same as the sticker on the bulkhead to the LHS of the engine bay and is WV2ZZZ7HZ8H112908. Plate on the bulkhead says 3200kg. and I believe the engine is a BNZ 130bhp.
acm50

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That doesn't make any sense at all. Even a T32 would not be plated, from the factory, at 3500kg.

As already said, the VIN should be recorded at the base of the windscreen, visible from outside, on the passenger side.

One of the slightly confusing things though is that T30s are not always plated at 3000kg - mine for example is a T30 but has a GVW, from the factory, of 2800kg.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HI' triffic - yes the vin no. behind the screen is thankfully the same as the sticker on the bulkhead to the LHS of the engine bay and is WV2ZZZ7HZ8H112908. Plate on the bulkhead says 3200kg. and I believe the engine is a BNZ 130bhp. Can you tell what I've got from that please?.
acm50

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi' Fraseb01, Thanks for the tip - what code reader is best to get for s sensible price please?
Cheers acm50

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,446 Posts
It's got to be a T32 surely if the plate says 3200 kg! You should be able to tell from the cab trim whether it was a Multivan (UK Caravelle) or not. If you've got the Service Schedule booklet there should be a copy of the build sticker inside the front cover.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's got to be a T32 surely if the plate says 3200 kg! You should be able to tell from the cab trim whether it was a Multivan (UK Caravelle) or not. If you've got the Service Schedule booklet there should be a copy of the build sticker inside the front cover.
RogerP, Many thanks for that - I think it is a multivan probably ordered in a basic form by Danbury prior to them coverting it - I've got aircon, electric windows etc. Unfortunately the promised Service History from Webbs Motorcaravans never arrived and I'd got too far down the line to back out at that stage - its got a T28 badge on
the back but that may well have been replaced at some time. Still its a lovely Bus and drives beautifully at the moment!
acm50

1 - 12 of 12 Posts