VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any body upgraded there t5 speakers,how easy is it to do and what did you use,cheers si:ILU:

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Dead easy to do.T:
I changed mine for some Infinity component speakers. A:
The sound is awesome even when i had my standard headunit in.:eek:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I used a VIBE component speaker with a mid range and tweeter set up. I managed to fit the VIBE tweets in the same recess as the standard ones and replaced the standard grilles back on top.
The mid ranges required a little of fabrication to mount them but no dramas tho. I just drilled the rivets out for the alloy plate that the standard ones fit onto and used an MDF ring to mount the new ones. This allows for a better sound quality.

You can also put sound deadening material on the back of the doors whilst the speakers are off which again boosts the sound quality. If the Dynamat stuff is too pricey for you then try builders tar adhesive flashing tape. Its about a 1/3 of the price and does the same job!!

:D

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dead easy to do.T:
I changed mine for some Infinity component speakers. A:
The sound is awesome even when i had my standard headunit in.:eek:
I used a VIBE component speaker with a mid range and tweeter set up. I managed to fit the VIBE tweets in the same recess as the standard ones and replaced the standard grilles back on top.
The mid ranges required a little of fabrication to mount them but no dramas tho. I just drilled the rivets out for the alloy plate that the standard ones fit onto and used an MDF ring to mount the new ones. This allows for a better sound quality.

You can also put sound deadening material on the back of the doors whilst the speakers are off which again boosts the sound quality. If the Dynamat stuff is too pricey for you then try builders tar adhesive flashing tape. Its about a 1/3 of the price and does the same job!!

cheers both can you remeber what size speakers you used for dash and doorsT:

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After clambering round in the loft I found the box. Have a look at this link to the halfords website and that'll give you all the info you'll need.
I took the covers of the tweets and they fit fine.....
Mids are 6.5" or 165mm. Not sure about tweets but straight swap..

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_773357_langId_-1_categoryId_165707

your a top man cheers for the help,just shows how great the forum is,T: top people and loads of great advice n help.:ILU:T:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts