VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just before I potentially waste a lot of effort to replace a door lock I would just like some reassurance or guidance on my 06 T5 (without electric windows in case that matters) :)

My issue has the symptoms that the interior light does not illuminate with the drivers door open, the warning buzzer does not sound with the lights on and drivers door open and it will self lock after 20 seconds or so if entering via the drivers door i.e. the central locking is not recognising the drivers door sensor position. Oh and the alarm does not appear to work - even with a nice RAC man climbing in through the window (after it self locked with the keys in it). :(I:

Before stripping down to the door lock i looked at the under seat wiring. There was indeed a badly corroded soldered joint on a blue and red wire but re-splicing had no effect (the spare plug on the end of the convenience unit under the seat was also corroded but i just cleaned that up).

It appears to me that the drivers door lock positional sensor is defective. Having stripped out the door lock I dont think there is anything I can do as it almost a sealed unit.

Before I purchase a new lock (new to me anyway but likely second hand ;)) can anyone think of anything else?

Many thanks

Jamie

·
Registered
855 Posts
got a very similar thing with my 56 shuttle,the interior light does not come on when the passenger door [ front ] is opened , also if i do open the passenger door to get something from under the seat it will automatically lock with the door still open, its clear that some sensor isnt doing its job , not recognising that the door is open at all , im assuming that the lock is ok on mine as it will lock and unlock as it should
so i would be interested in your findings as i have not got a clue where to start,
good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Changed the door lock today (£30 off eBay) and all cured! It must be the microswitch within the lock. It took me about 3 hours last weekend to strip down to the lock but about 30 minutes complete today once I knew what to do! T:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts