VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help urgently to measure the door speakers of the T5.
Explanation: I have bought a T5 from my brother in law who lives interstate (about 2000km away). I will not see the car here until his new vehicle is delivered which is in 2-4 weeks from now. In the mean time I would like to get some speaker upgrades ready for install.
Is there anyone on this forum kind enough to take these measurements for me? Please :confused:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Inside dia. 143mm (housing dia.145mm)
Outside dia. 168mm
Depth 34mm (not including the Flange)
Flange thickness 4mm

Hope that helps. If you need any other dimensions let me know as I still have the old speakers in the garageT:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Forgot to say, these dimensions are from a 2005 T5 speaker. Not sure if the speaker size is different on later models.

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Forgot to say, these dimensions are from a 2005 T5 speaker. Not sure if the speaker size is different on later models.
Same all through the years..

We install both 16.5 cm and 20cm door speakers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks heaps @T5ster !
Any chance you can tell me the PCD of the mounting holes in the flange? The reason I need theses measurements is because I will be making my own adapters on a CNC mill for non standard drivers that do not have the usual automotive mounting dimensions. The adapters on the market won't be great so I'll make my own. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
All the dimensions I've given you are for the speaker pod (4 holes PCD of 157mm)as in the picture below. this is screwed to a the mounting ring which is riveted to the door, unfortunately I don't have dimensions for this part.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok great, thanks again T5ster. Any chance you have measurements of the little speakers on the dash near the front window?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts