VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi peeps,
I have a 2008 T5 just completed facelift ,wired all headlights ok and work as they should.
Just wired in genuine DRLs in bumper wired all as per wiring diagram but the Drls only work with lights on and dont dim when indicators are on and dont come on without headlights or side lights on
On wiring diagram the main live from ecu driver should connect to Headlamp leveller feed Number 1 pin on connecter is this right?
I have tested this pin and is only live when headlamps are on so how will this work in daytime??:*

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
What have you got the blue wire from the ECU/Driver connected to? (the blue in the same bundle as the red and black). Sounds like your red is connected ok to pin 1 of the LH headlight assembly (yellow/grey)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found out that the pin1 is not an ignition live but headlamp live. So not sure why they have to connect to Pin 1 if its not an ignition live.

·
Registered
660 Posts
i think its pin 4 that's the un used one your left with after you swap the pins about and the one i used for my drls when i did my facelift.

I used the drls in the headlights though so could be different.. i took a wire from pin 4 to the yellow/black wire behind the headlight switch to make mine come on and off with ignition.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I'm guessing that the loom is different on a 2008 to an actual 2010+ T5 GP in which case ignore my post above!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
There is no ignition live @ the headlight loom on any t5 variant pre 2010.

I always use a mini blade jumper from the fuse in the top tray in engine bay. this is ignition live but drops out after approx 6 seconds unless the engine is running. works perfect for drl's.

col.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts