VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's always great to give back something when you've found a problem, so hopefully this might help someone, somewhere, sometime......

Mine was my electric windows which packed up. Basically looked around and around and couldn't find a fix. Issue was:
If you disconnected the power to the window module in the door and reconnected it worked. Then when ignition removed for say 10-15 seconds wouldn't work again. Tried everything.

In the end thought what the heck! Stripped the module apart, got out the electronics, popped in the house, found my wife's hairdryer and heated up the module for about 5 mins both sides.

Stuck back in the van and hey presto, 1 fully functioning door module.

Either damp which is very unlikely or dodgy joint. Anyway who cares, it just works. To be honest at work we have fixed so many items with a heat gun, it was the obvious thing before parting with my hard earned cash - at least the hairdryer was the lesser lethal item.

Btw there is a 30amp thermal fuse under the steering column. Removing this made it work too but I just suspect it was resetting the module so a bit of a waste of time stripping it all out, but when the end product is functioning windows again, it doesn't matter!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Good stuff, mine has been intermittent and I was going to buy a 2nd hand moule from fleabay, I'll try this first!!T:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts