VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Registered
I am in the same situation and cant find a thread to describe which wires under the drivers seat to look for. So far I have stripped back the wiring under the drivers seat as far as I can before it disappears under the metal of the seat itself. Cant find any corrosion Do I need to take the seat out and keep following the wire?

Registered
If i disconnect the power at battery my windows will work again for about 10min , and go off again , but they work without the key in the ignition 馃 , so im thinking its the comfy control module under the seat needs lookin at

Registered
I am in the same situation and cant find a thread to describe which wires under the drivers seat to look for. So far I have stripped back the wiring under the drivers seat as far as I can before it disappears under the metal of the seat itself. Cant find any corrosion Do I need to take the seat out and keep following the wire?
One thing is for sure and that is the electric windows are a complete butard when they start to play up, I鈥檝e gone through all the wiring and can鈥檛 find a fault, fitted motor to driver door hey presto fault returns, fitted new driver side switch, hey presto fault returns.
Like previous comments, unplug connections reconnect and everything works as it suppose to for a few minutes then they all fail to work, phookin things drive me nuts.
SOMEBODY must have an answer as to why this should be.
Is there a way to by-pass the circuit boards and have direct voltage to the motors so they just operate via switching up and down, sure the after market kit motors will not contain circuit boards, VW want 拢160 for a driver side motor and you can buy a after market kit for 拢100 the kit would be the way to go, I鈥檝e contacted a kit supplier but they have told me it鈥檚 not compatible with the OEM 馃槱
Anybody ripped out the OEM motors etc and fitted an aftermarket kit????

Registered
Just sorted my electric windows after months of frustration. Drivers switches wouldn鈥檛 do anything, passenger switch would work fine. Passenger would also move up and down with key in lock. Randomly central locking wouldn鈥檛 lock passenger door.
Tried all as suggested on here and elsewhere with replacement drivers door switch, made no difference. Removed seat and cleaned around control box, sprayed contact cleaner, (fitted new connector in verdigris red wire). Removed winder mechanism in door, dismantled, contact cleaner, blow, hairdryer etc. Random operation of driver window...

Bit the bullet and went for the door wiring where it meets the van body (basically the bit in the rubber) Cut out a section of wire where it bends, extended and reconnected and all is working.

Registered
Hi I know this is an old post but I have had the same problem for six months both front windows not working on 2007 t5 caravelle tried all the tricks mentioned and as a last resort took lead off battery for 5 mins and hooked it up again and he presto everything working again I will how long it lasts

Registered
Hi I know this is an old post but I have had the same problem for six months both front windows not working on 2007 t5 caravelle tried all the tricks mentioned and as a last resort took lead off battery for 5 mins and hooked it up again and he presto everything working again I will how long it lasts
Hi I'm having the same issues with my 2007 T5 if I disconnect the battery the windows work for 10 minutes and then voltage leading to the switch dies . If I disconnect the battery it start working again .
I have tried every thing mentioned in this thread but with no success. I wonder if you or anyone has managed to solve it ?

Premium Member
My drivers window has stopped working via the switch but does still work when using the key fob, I've ordered a new switch as it appears this is the only likely suspect. Try to open / close the windows via the key fob, that way you can start eliminating possible issues.

Registered
My drivers window has stopped working via the switch but does still work when using the key fob, I've ordered a new switch as it appears this is the only likely suspect. Try to open / close the windows via the key fob, that way you can start eliminating possible issues.
Hi i'm pleased to say that I managed to solve the problem with my windows this afternoon.

Both the driver's and the passenger windows stopped working . A local vehicle electrician swapped the driver's and the passenger window motors but could only get the windows working if
he disconnected the battery. Then they would only work for ten minutes then pack up. This led me to believe it was either control signal issue either from the CCU beneath the drivers seat or the BCM. These were swapped with secondhand units but the problem still persisted. When they worked I could control the drivers side window and passenger side window but only from the passenger side switch not from the drivers side

A contact in this forum put me in contact with Steve at Quattro Motors in Poole, Dorset ( not to be confused with a similarly named firm in the Midlands) who suggested it was the driver's side window motor.

I purchased a new window motor from VW and fitted it and everything now works fine .So either the motor that the original car electrician was non standard or duff from the start.
When connecting the battery when it was in fault mode I noticed the terminal arced indicating that there was a considerable current draw. This no longer happens. I am aware that the PCB that comes with the driver's side window motor , talks to the CCU and that the BCM starts shutting down kit that it does not need to protect the battery from going flat . I suspect there was a fault in the unit that was drawing current possibly due to a short in the circuit to the passenger side which would explain why that was not working and after time the BCM shut down the supply to the motor .

Anyway , it works now and so I will be placing a CCU, BCM, loom for the drivers door and a unused window switch that I brought to trace the problem on Ebay
I hope some of the above will help others with similar issues ., Once more thanks to Steve at Quantra

Registered
One thing is for sure and that is the electric windows are a complete butard when they start to play up, I鈥檝e gone through all the wiring and can鈥檛 find a fault, fitted motor to driver door hey presto fault returns, fitted new driver side switch, hey presto fault returns.
Like previous comments, unplug connections reconnect and everything works as it suppose to for a few minutes then they all fail to work, phookin things drive me nuts.
SOMEBODY must have an answer as to why this should be.
Is there a way to by-pass the circuit boards and have direct voltage to the motors so they just operate via switching up and down, sure the after market kit motors will not contain circuit boards, VW want 拢160 for a driver side motor and you can buy a after market kit for 拢100 the kit would be the way to go, I鈥檝e contacted a kit supplier but they have told me it鈥檚 not compatible with the OEM 馃槱
Anybody ripped out the OEM motors etc and fitted an aftermarket kit????
Hi

My 2007 T5 was out of action for the past three months with the same issue but I have since managed to fix it.

Both my windows stopped working and I had a local car electrician examine it but he could never find the problem.

He replaced the driver's door window motor, passenger side motor, including the Body Control Unit ( part number 7H0 937 049 AA) and the Comfort control module that is under the driver's seat ( Part number 7H0 959 433 B).
All second hand parts as far as I am aware.

The windows would work for ten minutes with the exception of the passenger side, then stop. If we removed the earth the windows would work again.

I suspected the driver door motor was still faulty and ordered a new one . This solved the problem with the passenger door window and the windows worked fine for several hours. The following day the windows were not working again so I turned to the driver's door wiring loom . I got a second hand replacement from Ebay which had too wires reversed when compared to the original which swapped around and everything has worked fine.

I had previously tested the original wiring loom with an ohm meter but could not find any cable that appeared to be open circuit. I can only assume there was a fracture in the wiring which allowed the the Ohm meter to work but not the signal current to the BCU and CCU .

I put back the original BCU and the CCU and the windows work fine now.

The problem was two fold , a faulty driver's door motor unit and the driver's door wiring loom .

According to the circuit the driver's door window motor does a lot of signalling between the BCU and the CCU
I would suggest replacing the the driver's door motor with one from VW which you know should fully work before replacing other parts .

Regards

Ron

Registered
Hi i'm pleased to say that I managed to solve the problem with my windows this afternoon.

Both the driver's and the passenger windows stopped working . A local vehicle electrician swapped the driver's and the passenger window motors but could only get the windows working if
he disconnected the battery. Then they would only work for ten minutes then pack up. This led me to believe it was either control signal issue either from the CCU beneath the drivers seat or the BCM. These were swapped with secondhand units but the problem still persisted. When they worked I could control the drivers side window and passenger side window but only from the passenger side switch not from the drivers side

A contact in this forum put me in contact with Steve at Quattro Motors in Poole, Dorset ( not to be confused with a similarly named firm in the Midlands) who suggested it was the driver's side window motor.

I purchased a new window motor from VW and fitted it and everything now works fine .So either the motor that the original car electrician was non standard or duff from the start.
When connecting the battery when it was in fault mode I noticed the terminal arced indicating that there was a considerable current draw. This no longer happens. I am aware that the PCB that comes with the driver's side window motor , talks to the CCU and that the BCM starts shutting down kit that it does not need to protect the battery from going flat . I suspect there was a fault in the unit that was drawing current possibly due to a short in the circuit to the passenger side which would explain why that was not working and after time the BCM shut down the supply to the motor .

Anyway , it works now and so I will be placing a CCU, BCM, loom for the drivers door and a unused window switch that I brought to trace the problem on Ebay
I hope some of the above will help others with similar issues ., Once more thanks to Steve at Quantra
POSTSCRIPT: When I wrote the above I thought the problem had been solved , it turned out in addition to the motor the driver's side wiring loom was also causing problems and I have since replaced it. The windows a have fine since. The original wiring loom buzzed out ok but clearly was causing communication problems when in circuit .

Registered
POSTSCRIPT: When I wrote the above I thought the problem had been solved , it turned out in addition to the motor the driver's side wiring loom was also causing problems and I have since replaced it. The windows a have fine since. The original wiring loom buzzed out ok but clearly was causing communication problems when in circuit .
hi can you tell me where the control box for the windows is, whether it is under one of the seats, then it is on the right or left side.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts