VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Registered
I am in the same situation and cant find a thread to describe which wires under the drivers seat to look for. So far I have stripped back the wiring under the drivers seat as far as I can before it disappears under the metal of the seat itself. Cant find any corrosion Do I need to take the seat out and keep following the wire?

Registered
If i disconnect the power at battery my windows will work again for about 10min , and go off again , but they work without the key in the ignition 馃 , so im thinking its the comfy control module under the seat needs lookin at

Registered
I am in the same situation and cant find a thread to describe which wires under the drivers seat to look for. So far I have stripped back the wiring under the drivers seat as far as I can before it disappears under the metal of the seat itself. Cant find any corrosion Do I need to take the seat out and keep following the wire?
One thing is for sure and that is the electric windows are a complete butard when they start to play up, I鈥檝e gone through all the wiring and can鈥檛 find a fault, fitted motor to driver door hey presto fault returns, fitted new driver side switch, hey presto fault returns.
Like previous comments, unplug connections reconnect and everything works as it suppose to for a few minutes then they all fail to work, phookin things drive me nuts.
SOMEBODY must have an answer as to why this should be.
Is there a way to by-pass the circuit boards and have direct voltage to the motors so they just operate via switching up and down, sure the after market kit motors will not contain circuit boards, VW want 拢160 for a driver side motor and you can buy a after market kit for 拢100 the kit would be the way to go, I鈥檝e contacted a kit supplier but they have told me it鈥檚 not compatible with the OEM 馃槱
Anybody ripped out the OEM motors etc and fitted an aftermarket kit????

Registered
Just sorted my electric windows after months of frustration. Drivers switches wouldn鈥檛 do anything, passenger switch would work fine. Passenger would also move up and down with key in lock. Randomly central locking wouldn鈥檛 lock passenger door.
Tried all as suggested on here and elsewhere with replacement drivers door switch, made no difference. Removed seat and cleaned around control box, sprayed contact cleaner, (fitted new connector in verdigris red wire). Removed winder mechanism in door, dismantled, contact cleaner, blow, hairdryer etc. Random operation of driver window...

Bit the bullet and went for the door wiring where it meets the van body (basically the bit in the rubber) Cut out a section of wire where it bends, extended and reconnected and all is working.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts