VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
I was stood next to the only new version in the UK just last week!! :)

Top secret stuff

·
BMW? You gotta be serious!
13,223 Posts
i dont think they have made any definitive plans to replace the t5 as yet, theyve been murmering 2012/2013 so i get the feeling someone is chucking out some spoilers lol

10,824 Posts
Just my opinion but i think if they changed to quick they are in danger of losing that iconic reputation that VW have and will be in danger of becoming just another nice van like the merc. :eek: I certainly didn't but my T4 for it's looks, i thought at the time the vito was much nicer, but i went for reliability and the fact 20 yrs down the line it might still be worth a few quid like the T2 & T3 are going like, if you change shape quick it only then becomes a status symbol to self employed trades people! just my opion though :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Runout T5 Sportline X limited edition only 50 made with Dakar two tone wheels Blue/Black leather trim (numbered) leather steering wheel and knob.Only available in silver or shadow blue (usualy silver /red or black for sportline) Shadow blue ltd edition Sportline would be serious collectors stuff I reckon!

No news on T6 but looks like facelift T5 rumours of dropping the 5 cyl and replacing with twin turbo 4cyl ??? As dealers we are not being told anything!!! Although some trim and paint colours dropping off production hinting of change but then August is VW shutdown , September will be 2010 model production maybe then we will know more!

:confused::confused::cool:I:

·
Registered
407 Posts
I know of a company in the UK who is doing some conversion work on the new version now and its being shipped abroad for the next motorshow???

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
a blue sportline X :cool: best find out for sure and get an order in i recon, daz see what you can find out for meT:

·
13,223 Posts
a blue sportline X :cool: best find out for sure and get an order in i recon, daz see what you can find out for meT:
ive put up the info on the sportline x, you better hurry as theyre only gonna ship over 50, thats it, it looks the nads mate i can tell ya, not sure about interior leather colouring tho lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
I can add a little bit to this, the T5 is being facelifted, not replaced.

The front end will change, as will the dashboard and interior, the rear doors and bumpers / wheels etc, but it will not be a T6, that's due in 2013.

The 5 cylinder engines are being dropped altogether as they are not able to reach new emissions standards, and are being replaced by 4 cylinder common rail diesel engines with the same outputs.

Various other things will be upgraded too, I'll add more as I find out....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Production of Kombi and shuttle / pickup has stopped, but I have it on good authority that's it's only to retool for the facelift model. It is essentially the same underneath as the T5, but there's some wide sweeping chainges.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
common rail will be quieter, will wait to see proper pics to make my mind up

·
13,223 Posts
its the normal august factory shut down they do it every year, 2010 model is already out its A chassis break

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i dont think they have made any definitive plans to replace the t5 as yet, theyve been murmering 2012/2013 so i get the feeling someone is chucking out some spoilers lol

I obviously cant say who told me but he does work for VW : )
I saw a few pictures too and side profile is still t5, only difference was lights/grille/etc so maybe it is just a facelift in the T5 (t5.5 maybe?). Was aso told that they will only offer 2.0cr engine in 110/140/170 guises.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts